Welcome to the Elementary Education Division. We are team who provides direct support to Early Childhood Education, Elementary K-5 and K-8 schools.
Our compelling purpose is to maximize the power of our team to impact all students in DPS.
Some of our goals for the 2018-19 school year:
- Foundations for Success: Focus on Early Literacy (ECE through 3rd grade);
- Support the Whole Child: Reduce out of school suspensions and improve student attendance;
- Close the Opportunity Gap: High quality English Language Development (ELD) in every school; decrease the gap with our African American students;
- Ensure Great Teachers and Leaders: Build capacity of Instructional Leadership Teams (ILTs) in every school.
What we offer:
- Strategic support to schools and the leaders in implementing the district initiatives in order to improve teacher effectiveness and student learning.
- Professional learning for school leaders
- Liaison between DPS departments and schools