VALIC 403(b) & 457(b)
DPS offers voluntary/optional retirement saving plans for all employees through VALIC. In addition to your bi-monthly required contribution to Colorado PERA, supplemented by DPS contributions, we recommend that you save additional money for retirement. With a VALIC account, employees decide how much they will contribute to their account(s) each year and can change this amount or stop making contributions at any time. Your VALIC account is yours for life, and will follow you even if you leave DPS. If you would like to learn more about the difference between 403(b) and 457(b) accounts, click here to view a comparison chart.
Enrollment in 403(b) and 457(b) plans is easy!
- DPS and VALIC recommend that you schedule an appointment with a VALIC Advisor prior to enrolling. To schedule an appointment, please contact Mallory Guido at 720-962-8025 or email email@example.com.
- When you are ready to enroll, select this link to enroll in a VALIC Traditional (pre-tax) account or this link to enroll in a VALIC ROTH (post tax) account and scroll to the bottom and click “Sign Up”.
How do I change the amount of my contributions or stop making contributions?
- Login to VALIC, click on the Act header and then select Manage Contributions.
How do I view my non-valic Account(s)?
- Go to My Retirement Manager in order to make withdrawals (only allowed for employees ages 59.5 and older, or those who are no longer a current employee), see your current balance(s), or rollover your accounts to VALIC. No loans or hardship withdrawals allowed on non-VALIC vendor accounts.
- For additional assistance, contact My Retirement Manager at 866-294-7950 and mention that you are a DPS employee.
How much can I contribute to a 403(b) or 457(b) plan?
The IRS allows you to contribute up to a maximum each year. For detailed information, visit the Benefits Enrollment Guide. It is your responsibility to make sure that your total annual contribution doesn’t exceed the maximum amount allowed by the IRS.
For additional support and information, contact the VALIC helpline (M-F 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT) at 1-800-448-2542.