AIG 403(b) & 457(b)
DPS offers voluntary/optional retirement saving plans for all employees through AIG Retirement Services (formerly VALIC). In addition to your bi-monthly required contribution to Colorado PERA, supplemented by DPS contributions, we recommend that you save additional money for retirement. With an AIG account, employees decide how much they will contribute to their account(s) each year and can change this amount or stop making contributions at any time. Your AIG account is yours for life, and will follow you even if you leave DPS. If you would like to learn more about the difference between 403(b) and 457(b) accounts, click here to view a comparison chart.
Enrollment in 403(b) and 457(b) plans is easy!
- DPS and AIG recommend that you schedule an appointment with an AIG Advisor prior to enrolling. To schedule an appointment, please contact Mallory Guido at 720-962-8025 or email email@example.com.
- When you are ready to enroll, select this link to enroll in an AIG Traditional (pre-tax) account or this link to enroll in an AIG ROTH (post tax) account and scroll to the bottom and click “Sign Up”.
How do I change the amount of my contributions or stop making contributions?
- Login to AIG, click on the Act header and then select Manage Contributions.
How do I view my non-AIG Account(s)?
- Go to My Retirement Manager in order to make withdrawals (only allowed for employees ages 59.5 and older, or those who are no longer a current employee), see your current balance(s), or rollover your accounts to AIG. No loans or hardship withdrawals allowed on non-AIG vendor accounts.
- For additional assistance, contact My Retirement Manager at 866-294-7950 and mention that you are a DPS employee.
Loans, Hardship Withdrawals, or Rollover Support?
Retirement Manager is a convenient, secure, web-based access point from which you can manage your retirement plan accounts anytime and anywhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To access Retirement Manager, simply go to https://www.myretirementmanager.com/?denverps
You can use the Retirement Manager site to:
- Learn more about your retirement savings plans
- View aggregate balance information across investment providers
- Request Distribution Eligibility Certificates for the following transactions:
- Hardship Withdrawal
- Unforeseeable Emergency
- Severance of Employment
- Age 59 ½ In-Service Distribution
- In-Service Exchange (to approved providers)
- Read educational articles on a range of financial planning topics
- Calculate what you will need to stay on track for retirement with easy-to-use financial calculators
The Retirement Manager support line is available to take calls from all Denver Public Schools employees regardless of your investment provider selection. The participant support line is available Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 7:00AM to 6:00PM Central time.
Retirement Manager Support Line: 1-866-294-7950
Also available is a web tutorial where you can view how to maneuver through the Retirement Manager site before actually logging on and creating your profile.
How much can I contribute to a 403(b) or 457(b) plan?
The IRS allows you to contribute up to a maximum each year. For detailed information, visit the Benefits Enrollment Guide. It is your responsibility to make sure that your total annual contribution doesn’t exceed the maximum amount allowed by the IRS.
For additional support and information, contact the AIG helpline (M-F 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT) at 1-800-448-2542.