2019-20 Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
DPS’ options are designed to help you manage your health, your way. We are offering you and your eligible dependents eight comprehensive medical plans to choose from: four Aetna plans and four Kaiser Permanente plans. Based on your feedback, we’re again offering two Deductible HMO (DHMO) plans – one from each provider – in addition to six Consumer-Driven Health Plans (CDHPs), three from each provider. Consider these tips for choosing a medical plan that works best for you and your family:
- Consider your costs, including the deductible, copays and out-of-network costs.
- Make sure your current doctor is in your new provider’s network.
- Think about whether you want to pay more out of each paycheck and less when you need care, or less out of each paycheck and more when you need care.
- Remember, you can only open and fund a Health Savings Account (HSA) if you are enrolled in a qualified high-deductible health plan (CDHP), such as a Kaiser CDHP or DHMP CDHP.
DPS medical insurance options
Click here for all medical, dental and vision premium rates.
Kaiser Permanente Plans
Visit the Kaiser Permanente Site or contact Kaiser at 303-338-3800 (current members) or 303-338-3990 (prospective members)
Visit the Aetna Site or contact Aetna at 855-736-9469.
Do you have a dependent/child that lives outside of the Whole Health Front Range Network? Don't worry -- they will still be covered!
- If this applies to you, reach out to email@example.com and let us know the address of the dependent that will be on your Medical plan living outside of the Denver area.
- Aetna Out-of-Area Dependents Plan Design
Free or low-cost insurance for lower income employees
Free or low cost health insurance may be available to our lower income employees through Medicaid. Everyone’s situation is unique, but as an example a family of four with an income of $5,200 per month may qualify for some premium assistance. For more information and to see if you, your family, or your children qualify please call the DPS Medicaid Department at 720-423-3661.
DPS Vision Insurance
Our vision plan now offers more coverage. Members will receive an increase of $30 annual frame allowance (up to $170 a year) and $20 annual contact lens allowance (up to $140 a year) and rates will only increase by 38 cents per month. For more information, review this year's vision plan summary.
DPS Dental Insurance Options
Team members can choose between two dental insurance plans: an EPO and PPO plus premier plan:
- EPO: The EPO plan provides benefits only when you see a PPO (in-network) provider. Treatment and services from a non-PPO provider are not covered.
- PPO: The PPO Plus Premier plan allows you to choose from more than 3,200 participating providers across the state. Participating providers file claims directly with Delta Dental and accept Delta Dental’s reimbursement in full. You are responsible only for your deductible and coinsurance (based on your plan), as well as any charges for non-covered services. You may see any dentist; however, your out-of-pocket expenses will be less if you see a Delta Dental network dentist.