2023-24 Benefits Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment for 2023-24 plan year is April 17 - May 8, with benefit election changes effective July 1st, 2023. Open Enrollment is the only time you can change your medical, dental, and vision coverage without a Qualifying Life Event. This is an active enrollment year and you must take action to enroll or waive your benefits.
We have new changes this year
- UnitedHealthcare (UHC) offering three plans for DPS employees:
- UHC CO Doctors 1000
- UHC CO Doctors CDHP 3500
- UHC Choice Plus CDHP 3500
- Aetna plans end June 30th. Options are Kaiser, MotivHealth, or UnitedHealthCare
- Kaiser Permanente and MotivHealth have new updated plans
- Sick Leave Donation Program
- Donate 8 - 80 hours of accrued sick leave time
- Goes to employees experiencing terminal illness or catastrophic event who have exhausted their paid time off
We also want to remind you about our ongoing self-care and mental health coverage support
These past weeks have been difficult for our communities and our Team DPS members. Self-care is a really important step in processing and coping with stressful situations. At DPS, we have tools available to support you. We encourage you to talk with your manager or team members if you are needing help and also use the following resouces for any help whatsoever that you are needing with your mental well being.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Our EAP is a confidential, no-cost service, available 24/7 to all DPS employees and their immediate families. Plan for life events, find resources for personal issues, or get help for managing daily life. Visit EAP on the commons for more information or call 855-327-1377. There are so many specialized options to choose from to help with any mental health need.
- Mental and Emotional Health Services through your medical insurance carrier - UnitedHealthcare, MotivHealth, and Kaiser Permanente all offer tailored supportive services within their networks.
Employees that work 20 hours or more are benefits eligible. If you do not waive or enroll, you will be auto-defaulted with the MotivHealth 3000 (post-tax) medical plan, and a Health Savings Account (HSA) effective 7/1/2023. If no election is made current dental and vision benefits will end 6/30/23.
Enroll or waive via Benefits Enrollment Site starting Monday 4/17/23.
1860 Lincoln St.
Denver, CO 80203
Access the links below for each employee association's per paycheck medical rates effective 7/1/2023 - 6/30/2024:
ATU Techs, Parts, and Tool Room
Extended Learning, Guest Teachers, Active Retirees, Temporary Workers - Full Time
Food Service Workers - Full Time
Food Service Workers - Part Time