DPS Skills: Culturally Responsive Leadership
The focus of this work is on culturally responsive pedagogy that challenges traditional practices and policies to create inclusive school environments for students and families from ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds. Learners will leave with immediate skills to impact the culture and climate of their teams.
- Implement intentional strategies for narrowing the opportunity and awareness gaps
- Investigate your values, assumptions, and behaviors to ensure the needs of all students are being met
- Identify effective strategies and tools to help develop introspective skills to identify strengths and barriers to becoming culturally proficient
- Integrate the guiding principles, standards, language and behaviors necessary to value diversity
- Infuse culturally responsive leadership skills in your role as a team leader
- Incorporate and model inclusion for your school community.
- Instill a sense of urgency in educators to work towards cultural proficiency
Emily Griffith Campus, Rm 835
1860 Lincoln St
Denver, CO 80203The zipcode must be numeric with at least five numbers.