Replacement Pcard to be Issued
The following was sent to district purchasing cardholders via e-mail.
Next month, our Commercial Card provider, J.P. Morgan, is moving our program to a new card transaction processing system, which will help improve servicing of our program and increase card security. This conversion will be finalized on March 20, 2017.
What does this mean to you?
- You will receive a new J.P. Morgan Commercial Card to replace your existing card.
For new cardholders with cards issued after December 27, 2016: . If you have a magnetic stripe card, you will receive your card from May through September 2017.
What’s staying the same?
- Your account number
- Your expiration date will be revised to expire one year later than your original expiration date.
- Your Customer Verification Value (the three-digit code on the back of the card) will be new.
- If you have your card on file with any suppliers, you need to update this information.
How long can I use my old card?
- If you receive your new replacement card on or before March 3, your old card will remain active for 45 days (until May 5) or until you use your new replacement card for the first time.
- If you receive your new replacement card any time after March 3, your old card will remain active for 45 days from the date your replacement card was mailed or until you activate your replacement card.
- Note: You cannot use both your old card and your new replacement card simultaneously.
What happens if my current card is lost or stolen leading up to the conversion - from December 28, 2016 through March 20, 2017?
- Please contact J.P. Morgan to close your account and allow them to send a new card with an updated account number.
- You will need to destroy any cards with your old account number, which may include the replacement card you were sent for use beginning on March 20, 2017.
- You will then receive a new replacement card with your updated account number between March 20 and March 31, 2017.
- You should continue to use the card sent previously until your new replacement card arrives.
- Note: Cardholders with lost or stolen cards may receive multiple replacement cards. Please be sure to keep your card safe and secure.
Thanks in advance for your support as we go through this transition. Please contact Pcardsupport@dpsk12.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Corrie Contreras, CPCP
Manager, Purchasing Card Program
Denver Public Schools