Dear Team DPS,
Last week, we shared information about the public health order mandating that all employees, volunteers, contractors and others at DPS be vaccinated against COVID-19. To meet this mandate, all employees will need to please enter their vaccination information or exemptions into Employee Space.
You will receive an email today from HR Connect to your dpsk12.org address notifying you that a Health Component has been added to your profile. Please log in to Employee Space and complete the assignment following the directions that will be shared in this email and also listed below.
- For employees who are already fully vaccinated, please enter your information by Monday, Aug. 30. Please confirm your vaccination status by this date. Although the health order has set the deadline as Sept. 30, getting this information sooner helps us be in a better position to understand and adjust to any staffing problems that may exist.
- For employees who are in the process of getting vaccinated or are seeking medical or religious exemption, please enter your information by Friday, Sept. 3, so we can begin working through requests as quickly as possible.
- Managers, please check with all of your direct reports to make sure they received this communication and they have read it and understand the deadlines and expectations.
All information must be uploaded no later than Sept. 30 in order to be in compliance with the public health order. And please know that we are here to support you in complying with the health order, so please reach out as soon as possible with any questions or concerns you have. Also, sharing information right away about your vaccination status or any questions or concerns you have helps us prepare for any staffing issues that may arise in serving our schools and students.
Note: Your medical or religious exemption requests may not be approved by Sept. 30. As long as you have entered your information, you will be considered in compliance while we review your request. You will receive more information about next steps after we have reviewed your information.
How to Submit Your Documentation
Log in to Employee Space and follow the below steps to upload your vaccination documents or apply for a medical or religious exemption.
- Submit Documentation of Vaccine Completion: Upload a picture of your completed vaccination card using these instructions. Note: Only JPEG and PDF file types are allowed in the system.
- Submit a request for a medical exemption: You and your medical provider will need to complete this form prior to uploading to Employee Space. Follow these instructions to upload your documentation.
- Submit a request for a religious exemption: Complete this form to request religious exemption. Please note that all sections of the form must be completed, including a description of the sincerely held belief. Follow these instructions to upload your documentation. If you previously submitted a request, please re-submit using this form so we can assure that all requests go through the right channels.
Medical exemption documentation will be reviewed and approved by the Leave of Absence team. Religious exemption documentation will be reviewed and approved by the Employee Relations team. Approved requests will be shared with HR Partners and your manager. Your manager will not have access to your private information or documentation of your reasons for requesting exemption. Managers are only responsible for determining appropriate steps for accommodation. Examples may include masking, regular testing, or other actions to ensure the safety and health of yourself, DPS students, and other staff.
Have more questions?
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccines -- including testing/trial facts, dosage and potential side effects -- through the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, including through this FAQ.
Additionally, visit the COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs on The Commons for more information about the city’s mandate and what it means for members of DPS. This page is updated regularly with new information as it’s available.
If you have specific concerns regarding your unique situation, please contact HR Connect by email at email@example.com or over the phone at 720-423-3900. Note: HR Connect’s phone hours are 7:45 a.m.-noon Monday-Friday. Emails are responded to from 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Due to increased volume, email and phone inquiries to HR Connect may be delayed. Please check The Commons first for up-to-date information regarding the vaccine mandate and requirements for DPS.
Thank you for your continued support as we work together to comply with the health order.
Your Human Resources Team
- Aug. 23: Employee Space opens for documentation and requests.
- Aug. 30: Employees who are already fully vaccinated are encouraged to have their documentation uploaded.
- Sept. 3: Employees requesting medical accommodation or religious exemption are encouraged to have their documentation uploaded.
- Sept. 15: Last day to get final dose of vaccine to meet compliance deadline.
- Sept. 30: Last day to submit documentation/take a step towards compliance.
- Oct. 1: First round of reminder/warnings are issued for those that have not taken a step towards compliance.