We know all our kids come to DPS with their own unique skills and talents, and it’s up to us to make sure each and every one crosses the graduation stage ready for a bright future. It’s in our hands to ensure Every Child Succeeds.
Our vision is clear, and so are our core beliefs in our kids. In DPS, we believe:
- Every child has talent and potential.
- Our diversity is a community treasure, and equity is the core of our mission.
- We can and will eliminate the opportunity gap that leads to achievement gaps.
- We must dramatically accelerate the progress we’ve made by investing more in what is working and embracing innovation.
- Every family deserves choice and access to high-quality schools in their neighborhood.
- Our kids need all of us – educators, families, community partners and staff – and together, we are Team DPS.
Watch this video about teacher Marisol Calderon Santacoloma to see how she's helping her kindergarten students at Farrell B. Howell prepare for the future.Last year, about 5,000 DPS students walked across the graduation stage – thanks in part to you and your support. We all have a role to play to help Every Child Succeed and to make sure every student is able to follow the same path toward a bright future. How will you help us reach our vision?