In Denver Public Schools, our vision is that Every Child Succeeds. How do we get there? We work to attract, develop and retain strong leaders for our schools by providing targeted talent strategy services and a suite of growth and performance tools. DPS growth and performance systems are designed to support employees by providing coaching, feedback and professional growth opportunities.
- DPS Professional Learning Center Resource Library
- DPS Professional Learning Catalog
- Culture, Equity & Leadership Team Values Based Programs
Key dates and deadlines
- April: Mid-Year Evaluation
- October: End-of-Year Evaluation & Goal Setting
LEAD GROWTH AND PERFORMANCE SYSTEM RESOURCES
LEAD Framework Resources
- LEAD Calendar of Events
- LEAD Growth & Performance System Handbook and Appendix for SY 20-21
- School Leader Positions on LEAD
Principal/AP/Leader of Others
- LEAD Guide: How to create goals in Whetstone
- Infor HR Instructions: How to change AP position to be indirect supervisor over deans
- LEAD Fairness Guide
- LEAD End-of-Year Conversation Guide PDF Version
- Whetstone Login Page
LEAD Evaluation Structure
LEAD evaluation is made up of 50% professional practice and 50% student growth.
Professional practice is measured by the six competencies in the LEAD Framework.
LEAD Framework Competencies:
- Instructional Expertise
- Vision & Strategy
- People & Culture
- Community & Equity
- Personal & Values
- Operational & Organizational
Student growth is measured by SPF growth and individual goals for student growth.
- SPF Growth Indicator, at least 30% of overall rating
- Recommended 20%, minimum 10%
- Individual goals for student growth aligned with UIP and School Improvement Plan, at least 20% of overall rating
- Recommended 30%, minimum 5%
All principals, assistant principals, and leaders of others create and submit 2–3 leader-selected student growth goals. Student growth goals are intended to highlight school leaders’ primary areas of focus and are intended to align with the school’s Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) and Strategic School Plan.