As a reminder, newsletters take a hiatus over summer break.
Leader Weekly: The last edition of the school year will be sent Tuesday, June. 4. Leader Weekly is tentatively scheduled to resume in late-July.
Teacher Weekly: The last edition of the school year was sent Wednesday, May 29. Teacher Weekly is tentatively scheduled to resume in mid-August.
Team DPS Weekly: The last edition of the school year was sent Thursday, May 30. Team DPS Weekly is tentatively scheduled to resume in mid-August.
If you have questions, email email@example.com.
Communications publishes four newsletters to share messages with teachers, principals, instructional superintendents (ISs) and executive directors (EDs), managers (centrally located), and all members of Team DPS.
Each newsletter is tailored to its respective audience, and the timing for distribution will help ensure that all audiences are receiving the information they need, when they need it. If you would like to submit information to be considered for inclusion in one of the newsletters, please complete the appropriate submission form accessible below.
You can fill out the Share Your Good News form to submit announcements and celebrations to be featured on our external homepage and social media channels.
- Are you submitting a survey request? All survey requests must be approved by Communications prior to publication in the newsletter cascade. Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance of your survey request.
- New word counts and submission processes: Based on extensive feedback, we will limit the number of submissions included in each newsletter, and we have changed the maximum word count to 125 words per submission. You will be contacted by a member of the communications team if your submission is held for a future edition or if we believe another communication channel might be more effective.
- Have a message that needs to go to IS/EDs only and is not intended for school leaders? Please email Communications at email@example.com and we'll make sure it gets to the right place!
Click on the images below to submit to an individual newsletter:
Newsletter submission deadlines and distribution schedules
Guidelines for newsletter content
Your submission must be received by the above deadlines in order to be included in the following week's newsletters.
Please note: Based on extensive feedback, we will limit the number of submissions included in each newsletter, and we have changed the maximum word count to 125 words per submission. You will be contacted by a member of the communications team if your submission is held for a future edition or if we believe another communication channel might be more effective. Submissions will be edited for length, style, grammar and punctuation.
Finally, consider these tips for writing your newsletter submission:
- Headline: Write an action-oriented headline to draw readers in. For example: “Register Now for Communications Training on Feb. 2” vs. “Communications Training”
- Clarity: Try not to use jargon or technical language in your submissions. These terms may be commonplace among your team but might not resonate with others. Spell out all acronyms.
- Audience: Tailor your submission for the appropriate audience. For example, if you submit to Principal Weekly, be sure your message directly impacts and targets school leaders or instructional superintendents.
- Length: Keep it short – the word limit for each entry is 125 words. Include only important, need-to-know information (i.e. who, what, when, where, why and how).
We also recommend downloading the DPS Style Guide to help you craft effective submissions. The guide identifies how we consistently reflect the DPS voice and tone when writing communications for DPS, as well as shares DPS’ style guide and other writing tips.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.