Whole Child Resource Bank
DPS is committed to supporting the Whole Child by providing equitable and inclusive environments where we ensure students are Healthy, Supported, Engaged, Challenged, Safe, and Socially and Emotionally Intelligent.
Use the following buttons to access resources that contribute to a specific area of the Whole Child.
The Whole Child
Supporting the needs of the Whole Child is an essential part of achieving the vision of Every Child Succeeds. Denver Public Schools (DPS) is committed to creating equitable and inclusive environments where we ensure the success of the Whole Child. The six Whole Child components are:
- Students who are socially and emotionally intelligent.
- Students who practice a healthy lifestyle.
- Students who are supported by caring adults.
- Students who are engaged in learning.
- Students who feel physically and emotionally safe in school.
- Students who are challenged to perform at their highest level.