Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Overview
Family and Community Engagement supports and services will continue to be provided virtually. Family and student engagement with schools is required per School Board Policy, Code KB and KB-R and FACE can help support engagement efforts. We also have many services relevant to the beginning of next school year including virtual in-home support for families, basic needs assistance, and much more.
Resources and Supports
- Contact the Family Empowerment Team (Iesha Mitchell, email@example.com) to get more information on steps to take action on Family Engagement Standards.
- Supports for idea generation of how to support family engagement representatives at schools.
- Beyond the Bake Sale: The Essential Guide to Family‐School Partnerships: We use the following to have actionable steps for schools in different stages of partnership with families.
- Family Engagement Standards and examples of implementation.
- Academic Partnership Event Rubric.
- How To Guide for Engagement (Contact Eloy Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org, Community Engagement Strategy & Advocacy, for more information).
- Meeting-in-a-Box Tool (Contact Eloy Castro at email@example.com, Community Engagement Strategy & Advocacy, for more information).
Family Constituency Services
Provides high quality services to staff, families, and community members who need assistance accessing school and district resources, addressing pressing concerns, and building skills to be strong advocates and partners in their students’ education. Supports include training for managing conflict, high quality service and de-escalation, and effective communication as well as support with conflict mediation, meeting facilitation, and one-on-one coaching on conflict management. The team has Spanish-speaking staff and access to multilingual interpretation services. Call the Family and Community Helpline at 720-423-3054 or FACEhelpline@dpsk12.org.
Family Empowerment Team
Parent Teacher Home Visit
The PTHV program will be shifting to online “home” visits in response to the Covid -19 health crisis. Contact the PTHV team for any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program is opening up virtual options and an engagement tool to guide you in how to have continued volunteer engagement through SY2020-21. Contact volunteer services for support at email@example.com.
Family & Youth Services
FACE Center services will resume in August and will continue to provide virtual services until further notice. For more information on class schedule and to register for virtual classes and services, please contact:
- FACE Center - Johnson Elementary School, 1850 South Irving St. , Phone: 720-424-2970
- FACE Center – John H. Amesse Elementary School , 5440 Scranton St., Phone: 720-424-2961
FACE Family Connect
The FACE Family Connect Program provides free community and in-home support to families on a voluntary basis. Services will resume in August and will be delivered virtually as much as possible.
Community Engagement Strategy Advocacy (CESA
The Community Engagement Strategy and Advocacy (CESA) team creates culturally relevant, transparent and authentic engagement strategies through consultation, strategic planning and advocacy across the district. Services will continue to be available in a virtual capacity for the time being. For more information, please contact the Senior Manager of the CESA team, Eloy Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Multicultural Outreach (MCO)
With a focus on Multicultural communities, MCO provides multimedia options and solutions to support learning, information distribution, immigrant communities, whole child and grass root community engagement. Multicultural Outreach has a technology aspect to their team and resources.