Request a Translation
Before making a written translation request, Multicultural Services suggests visiting the Multilingual Document Repository and searching for templates already translated. Click here to submit a translation request. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-423-3767.
Guidelines for requesting a translation
- Requests need to be entered at least seven (7) business days in advance. Keep in mind that delivery dates are directly linked to word count and current workload.
- Word documents are the ideal format for request submissions. Make sure "Track Changes" is turned off. While we accept editable PDFs, Excel files, PowerPoint presentations and other formats, we do not have the in-house resources for elaborate formatting or desktop publishing work.
- Scanned copies are not accepted because they are not editable.
- Copyrighted materials should not be submitted for translation unless accompanied by written permission from the publisher or author.
- Multiple languages may be selected on each intake form.
- When submitting several files, we recommend compressing them into one zipped file.
Please note: Most languages may take, on average, up to 35% more space than English. Please take this into consideration when designing your project.
- If less than 1,000 words: 2-4 days
- 1,001 - 5,000 words: 4-8 days
- Projects over 5,000 words will require a meeting or phone call with a project manager. Please call 720-423-3767
Requesting a priority project
Priority projects require MLOS director or manager approval. For languages other than Spanish, Vietnamese or Arabic, more time may be necessary due to processing. Spanish, Vietnamese or Arabic translations may be processed urgently. Examples of “same-day” urgent communication to be processed include letters to parents after a school emergency, or a high-priority, time-sensitive communication. Keep in mind that same-day projects require a minimum of four (4) hours for translation. Email the Translation and Interpretation Services Team at email@example.com or call 720-423-3767.
DPS charter schools are eligible to request language services on a fee-for-service basis. All services, except Special Education related requests, are rendered on a fee-for-service basis.
In some cases, schools or departments will incur translation costs. We will notify you, provide a quote, and ask for your approval beforehand. Costs vary depending on language, number of words and other factors that include translation project management.
- Spanish: $190 /1,000 words
- Other languages: $200 to $310 /1,000 words
- A minimum fee of $60 applies for small projects
- Special Education-related requests such as Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) are free in any language.
- All charter requests require pre-approval and must be quoted by our department manager or coordinator.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-423-3767.