The Fixed Assets team is a department of the Denver Public Schools Enterprise Management organization. This team inventories all District assets, e.g. kitchen equipment, custodial & grounds, transportation, and all technology and related items. Items are ordered and delivered to Central Receiving for bar coding and into a central district database, Lawson, and then sent to the ordering school or department. Larger items ordered and delivered directly to the schools are also bar coded and entered into the central database.
The Fixed Assets team monitors and maintains the database of inventory data collected from new acquisitions, Equipment Activity Request (EAR) form updates, and the annual inventory of capitalized assets. The department utilizes the Lawson Asset Management module to centrally track District assets from acquisition through retirement and is responsible for maintaining efficient operations of the Asset Management System.
Services we offer
- Management of the Fixed Assets database
- Maintain structural and referential database integrity
- Provide investigative fixed asset information for property loss, theft, and/or destruction
- Provide fixed asset information to the Accounting Department’s to meet reporting requirements
- Process permanent fixed assets additions, transfers, and retirements
- Conduct centralized bar code labeling for all District fixed assets
- Conduct District’s perpetual capitalized asset inventory
- Interface with departments and schools concerning property control policies and procedures
- Conduct on-site bar code labeling when requested by a school or department
- Track transfers and retirements of equipment from schools and departments upon submittal of EAR forms
Fixed Assets Contact information: