DPS Office of the Ombuds
The Office of the Ombuds fosters partnerships, builds relationships, and provides free services to DPS employees. We want all employees to thrive and work together in conditions where everyone may contribute their talents and feel like they belong.
The mission of the Office of Ombuds is to ensure that all members of the Denver Public Schools employee community receive fair and equitable treatment. We are a resource for employees seeking information and insight from a trusted navigator. Our office is confidental, independent, impartial, informal and voluntary.
The Office of the Ombuds will:
- Listen to employees - also known as "visitors."
- Generate options for navigating the specific situation.
- Provide support with organizational disputes, conflicts, and barriers that stand in the way of the employees and the district reaching their full potential.
- Help visitors identify, examine and reflect on their experiences relative to district policies and procedures.
- Provide alternatives to traditional channels for dispute resolution through supplemental tools, resources and by fostering collaboration.
- Serve as a catalyst for constructive organizational change by identifying and reporting emerging trends and issues and providing upward feedback to district leadership.
If you would like to get in touch with the Ombuds Office, please make an appointment by calling 720-423-4776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the option to complete this DPS Ombuds Consultation Form.
Office of the Ombuds1860 Lincolns St., Suite 604Denver, CO 80203Phone: 720-423-4776Email: email@example.comSite ManagerOffice HoursMonday-Friday8am-4:30pmAppointments are available during office hours (including before and after work hours).To make an appointment with the Ombuds, call or email our office or complete the optionalPlease call in advance to make sure we are available before visiting our office.