Learning Space Training Coordinator Resource Center
This page, designed by the Learning Space Governance Committee, is where Training Coordinators can find all of the resources & documentation available to support them in managing their learning content within Learning Space.
Click on + to expand each category and click on to view a step-by-step guide for each process, or to view a video of the process (if applicable).
Creating a Course is the foundation of being able to offer training through Learning Space. Once a Course is created in the system, individual events can be built to accommodate multiple offerings. User registration/enrollment happens at the event level, so all active courses will need to have at least one event. Once courses are created in Learning Space, they can be added to Catalogs, Curricula, and Certification Programs, if desired.
To create multiple courses at once, you can utilize the bulk upload process. A minimum of 10 courses is required for this process. The same set-up requirements and standards apply.
Course Types & Definitions in Learning Space:
- eLearning course = SCORM package
- Classroom course = online and/or in-person course that is held at specific day/time/s.
- Schoology-delivered courses - any course that utilizes the Schoology platform for content and/or credit, including courses that utilize in-person learning.
*In order to attach an instructor to a course, Classroom course must be selected!
*Courses that utilize Schoology can automatically pass-back credit to Learning Space, via the Learning Space-Schoology interface), see Schoology Integration Special Processes.
Schoology Interface Processes
To award credit automatically in Learning Space based on Schoology grades, courses can be set up using the Schoology-Learning Space interface. Guides below provide necessary information to set up this process successfully and support course instructors and participants.
Manage Course Credit
Ways to Award Credit:
- Award credit manually (if no test or grade associated with course)
- Bulk Uploads
- Individually assign (and/or revise) per participant*
*Full or partial credit can be awarded to individuals
2. Credit assigned in Schoology
- Instructor awards credit in Schoology via graded assignments/completion rules
- Credit transferred via ‘External Test Score’ to Learning Space
Participant Management & Instructor Supports
Both Learning Space Training Coordinators and course Instructors have access to the following functions. Guides for these processes can also be found under ‘Instructor Resources’ in the Learning Space Resource Center.
- Pulling an Event Roster
- Enroll Users into a Course/Event
- Cancel Users from a Course/Event
- Manage Waitlists
Index of all Training Coordinator Step-by-Step Guides
Training Coordinator Training Modules