EGC, Acoma Campus and 780 Grant Moves 2022
Seat moves are expected to take place Aug. 8-12. Team members will receive information about their seat assignments from their managers the week of July 25.
We will keep this page updated with moving information as it is available. If you have a question that isn't answered in the FAQ below, please submit it through this form.
- June 16, 2022: Update on Moves at EGC, Acoma Campus and 780 Grant
- June 6, 2022: Planning Ahead for Moves at EGC, Acoma Campus and 780 Grant
- July 8, 2022: Updated Moving Timeline for EGC, Acoma Campus and 780 Grant
- July 25, 2022: Update on Moves EGC, Acoma Campus and 780 Grant
- Aug. 1, 2022: Prepare for Moves EGC, Acoma Campus and 780 Grant
- Aug. 3, 2022: Continue Preparing for Moves at EGC, Acoma Campus and 780 Grant
- Aug. 5, 2022: Aug. 8-12 Moving Schedules for EGC, Acoma Campus and 780 Grant
Resources for Moving
- Move Box Labels: Please print these labels, fill them out completely and attach them to boxes, monitors, cords and any equipment that needs to be moved to your new location.
- Workstation Name Tags and Office Name Tags: Please use our branded DPS department logo on your workstation placard. The documents will default to "Make Copy." Card stock is recommended for printing placards/name tags.
- Tech Recycling: Please place any tech to be disposed of in the designated area on your floor. You do not need to complete any paperwork for this disposal.
- Recycling: Extra recycle bins are already in place at EGC. The Acoma Campus and 780 Grant will use the recycling bins already housed in those locations. We encourage team members to take this opportunity to declutter and purge recyclable materials that are no longer needed.
- Cleaning Supplies: Lysol wipes will be placed on all floors at each worksite as we get closer to the Aug. 8-12 move window. After packing your personal items, please thoroughly wipe down your workstation/office as a courtesy to the next occupant.
- EGC Workstation & Interior Office Chair Cleaning Request Form 2022
- Acoma Campus Workstation & Interior Office Chair Cleaning Request Form 2022
- 780 Grant Workstation & Interior Office Chair Cleaning Request Form 2022
I have a custom keyboard installed at my desk. How do we request that someone move it and install at new desk.
If you have an undermount keyboard that has been added to your workspace, please notify Lea Porter to arrange for that device to be relocated to your new workspace.
The arms of my chair are shredded and/or my chair is in bad condition. I doubt someone will appreciate having to now use my chair instead of the one they've been sitting in for many years. Are we really supposed to leave our chairs?
All office furniture, including chairs, are to be left in their existing location. In fact, chairs are color coordinated on each floor and should not be interchanged. Team members do have the ability to request deeper cleaning of chairs in their new location. Chairs that are in need of repair can be noted as well.
The glass privacy partitions were purchased by the departments that they are in. Will those be moved to our new area?
Frosted panels near some workstations will remain in place. Each panel was approved for the specific location where it is currenty located.
Will there be a staging area where we can put things that are not necessarily trash, but we don't know what they are or who they belong to?
Signage has been placed around the floors of EGC to indicate where items to be donated or repurposed should be left.
Can we use the conference rooms during the move?
Yes, but know it may be noisy when the movers are around. So we recommend virtual meetings whenever possible.
Could someone please provide a map of the EGC building floors that outlines each desk space so it's easier to locate individuals?
Both blank maps and color coded maps have been provided to leaders for planning purposes. In addition, this one-pager provides a summary of what departments are located where. That information can also be seen in a map view.
My manager is on maternity leave through August 25th. Is there someone else who can tell me whether I am moving?
If you have not been notified whether you will be moving, please contact your manager, or your manager's manager for more details.
Who will be moving? I don’t want to pack for a move if I will not be moving to another location.
The planning committee is still working on seating assignments based on the needs and proximities as determined by the District Leadership Team. Once we have determined any new seating blocks for departments/teams, your leadership will be notified of any new or changed seating blocks, and they will make individual seat assignments within that block. Individual team members should be made aware of their new seat (or they they will remain in their existing seat) during the week of July 25.
Are we able to request a certain space in a cube/workstation?
The planning committee is still working on seating assignments based on the needs and proximities as determined by the District Leadership Team. Once we have determined any new seating blocks for Departments/Teams, your leadership will be notified of any new or changed seating blocks, and they will make individual seat assignments within that block.
Does this apply to central office team members who have office space in a school building? (I'm a specialist working on the 3rd floor at Trevista)
The planning committee is still working on seating assignments based on the needs and proximities as determined by the District Leadership Team. Individual team members should be made aware of their new seat (or they they will remain in their existing seat) during the week of July 25.
What if I don't work year-round or what if I won't be in the office during the time that boxes are delivered? Will detailed information be provided about the packing process, including what I must pack and what the movers will pack?
Movers will only move work items. Please remember that you will need to move your own personal items in your workspace like plants and photos. Also, if you will be away from the office during the Aug. 8-12 move window -- and your current seat is identified as one that needs to be changed -- you may need to identify a move buddy on your team who can assist with your personal items. You may also consider taking your personal items home with you when you leave for your time off.
We have several filing cabinets full of files, is there guidance available for what resources we should use to move these?
We will be moving large department assigned file cabinets with contents intact. Please affix a label to the file cabinet including the workstation or office number closest to where you want this file cabinet to land.
If we no longer need as many individual work stations, will we have more space for collaborative work, similar to the work spaces available on the 14er?
This reorganization has been an opportunity for some teams to bring more of their team members to a single location. With that, we do not anticipate having a surplus of available workstations that would allow space for more collaborative workspaces.
What is the plan to provide adequate storage for resources if we are required to move to EGC?
Our Acoma Campus was created specifically to accomodate those teams with fairly significant storage needs. It is unlikely that we would be able to replicate those storage opportunities at either of the other administrative sites. Storage needs are a consideration when determining the best location for each of our teams.
Is there an option being considered for outdoor workspace, converting the roof of EGC into a picnic area and workspace?
Great suggestion! Unfortunatley, the roof and access to the roof of Emily Griffith Campus are not conducive for employee use. The placement of the mechanical equipment on the roof and very narrow staircase can not be modified in a way that will meet building code requirements. Similarly, we have learned that the placement of outdoor seating around the front entry along 19th and Lincoln poses building code and egress (emergency exit) challenges as well.
Once the moves are finalized, is it possible to share some sort of map or list of which departments and teams are on each floor so we know which floor to find everyone on and what conference rooms might be most convenient for meetings?
Access this one-pager outlining the new locations of each department within EGC.