The purpose of Title I, Part A is to provide resources to schools and districts to ensure that all children have a fair, equitable, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and close educational achievement gaps.
Title I, Part A is intended to support LEAs in:
- Improving teaching by promoting effective instruction for at-risk children and for enriched and accelerated programs;
- Expanding eligibility of schools for schoolwide programs that serve all children;
- Encouraging school-based improvement planning;
- Establishing accountability based on results;
- Promoting meaningful parent and family engagement;
- Coordinating with health and social services agencies;
- Focusing resources on the schools with the highest percentage of students living in poverty.
DPS Title I Schools
2017-2018 Title I Schools
The District and all Title I Schools are required to:
Click here to view "To Do List"
- Have a Parent Engagement Plan and School Parent Compact that is shared with all parents, we recommend distributing the Parent School Compact and Parent Engagement Plan during registration to ensure you share it with most, if not all your parents. The Parent Engagement Plan should outline parent engagement opportunities, as well as strategies that will be used to increase parent engagement in your school and the district as a whole. The School Parent Compact outlines the schools and parents responsibility in raising student achievement.
- Hold a TI Mandatory Parent Meeting in the 1st trimester, we encourage you to schedule this meeting at already scheduled parent meetings such as back-to-school night.
- Include TI schoolwide program requirements in your school’s UIP. Use the UIP TI Plan Components document to learn about the elements that need to be added to your schools UIP.