Denver Public Schools is proud to announce our first cohort of the Thrive Fellowship—an innovative partnership between the Lead in Denver and Teacher Leadership and Collaboration Teams. The goal of Thrive will be to provide our strongest teacher leaders with an opportunity to extend their impact and deepen their instructional leadership. The program will include monthly learning and collaborative sessions, cohort-based coaching, dialogues with senior leaders, and a capstone action research project. The Fellowship will launch in the summer of 2018, and activities will take place throughout the 2018-19 school year. For the full program overview, click here.
The Fellowship application is open to individuals who will be serving as Team Leads or Senior Team Leads in the 2018-19 school year. Additionally, applicants must maintain their eligibility for the Team Lead role and continue to engage in growth and performance development with their school leaders.
We will be selecting fellows passionate about the learning experience the Fellowship will provide and committed to applying what they learn to improve student learning in Denver Public Schools. We are looking for individuals capable of not only impacting their schools but also contributing to a thriving fellowship cohort.
Specifically, we are looking for candidates exemplifying the following qualities:
- Instructional Curiosity: A deep desire to learn more about effective pedagogy across grade levels and content areas.
- Optimistic: Believes deeply that adults have the power to create better learning experiences for students.
- Collaborative: Possesses a keen ability to work together with others to assess challenges and to generate and act on ideas.
- Reflective: Actively invites feedback and seeks ways to improve their practice.
- Innovative: Looks for the root cause behind challenges and finds creative ways to address them.
The application form for the 2018-19 school year is now available. Please see this link for the online application. We will contact you with additional steps required for the process after receipt of your application.
- Review the Thrive essay questions.
- Discuss your interest in the Thrive Fellowship with your principal and share the Program Overview.
- If you decide to apply, share the Principal Reference Form link with your principal.
- Submit your completed application via the application link before midnight February 12.
- Ensure that your principal has submitted his or her Reference Form by February 14.