About Strategic and Policy Communications
The Strategic & Policy Communications team is focused on strategic communications planning and implementation for districtwide policies and the district’s strategic plan, the Denver Plan 2020, including development of key messaging, strategies and tactics to achieve project goals and objectives.
Our team helps DPS families and employees understand how and why districtwide policies and priorities directly affect students, schools and communities. We are thought partners who provide strategic communications support to DPS departments. Together with the full Communications Department, we create and deliver high-quality materials for both internal and external audiences.
Content areas we support include:
- Great Schools in Every Neighborhood: This goal includes the district’s school choice philosophy and portfolio approach, as well as how we check progress (School Performance Framework), support schools (Tiered Support Framework), hold ourselves accountable (School Performance Compact), start new schools (Call for New Quality Schools) and match schools with communities (Facility Allocation Process).
- Foundation for Success: This goal includes the district’s Early Literacy efforts and our involvement with the Birth to Eight Roadmap.
- Support for the Whole Child: This goal is focused on providing equitable and inclusive environments where students are healthy, supported, engaged, challenged, safe, and socially and emotionally intelligent.
- Closing the Opportunity Gap: This goal is focused on closing the opportunity gap through development and retention of great teachers and leaders, partnering with parents, focusing on early literacy and joyful, rigorous and personalized classrooms, and building a culture of equity.
- College & Career Ready: This goal covers the district’s work to ensure our kids are ready for both college and career when they graduate with a DPS diploma, including our use of rigorous state standards and assessments, adoption of new graduation requirements, supports and programs for college and career exploration, and more.
We also support district communications for the Chief of Staff’s Office and Public Affairs team, Board of Education, Family & Community Engagement, bond/mill levy funding, and Food & Nutrition Services.
Communications - Strategic and Policy Communications
1860 Lincoln St., 8th Floor
Denver, CO 80203
Director of Strategic and Policy Communications