Newcomers are English Learners who are new to the country and identified as having limited or interrupted education, as well as minimal literacy skills in both their native language and English. Newcomer Centers serve these students for one or two semesters to prepare them for participation in an ELA program at their DPS school. Newcomer Centers are located at Place Bridge Academy, Merrill Middle School, DCIS-Montbello, Abraham Lincoln High School and South High School. Below are resources for working with Newcomer students and referring them to a Newcomer Center.
- Newcomer Handbook - new and improved!
- Newcomer Resources and Supports
- Newcomer Center Overview in English
- Newcomer Center Overview in Spanish
- Newcomer Center Intake Form