Sick Leave Bank
Sick Leave Bank is DPS' version of Short Term Disability coverage.
- Sick Leave Bank may be used with PERA's Short Term Disability coverage, if eligible. PERA's Short Term Disability coverage is only for members who are vested. (To be vested, PERA requires 5 years of service.)
- Contact PERA directly for more info.
All benefits-eligible DPS employees working 20 hours or more (.50 FTE) who accrue sick time will be eligible for 40 days (320 hours) of Sick Leave Bank prorated by FTE.The purpose of the Sick Leave Bank is to provide additional sick leave days (upon proper approval) to employees who are on an extended personal illness leave, have used all of their available time off balances (sick and vacation time) and would otherwise be on an unpaid leave status.
In order to use the Sick Leave Bank, you must be enrolled.
- Enroll during Annual Benefits Open Enrollment
- Newly hired employees must enroll within 30 days of your start date. Benefits are effective the first of the month following start date.
- Enroll through the Benefits Enrollment Site.
You can only use the Sick Leave Bank for your own personal illness or injury. If someone else needs medical care besides you, please refer to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Policy.
Please reference the Sick Leave Bank Guidelines and Procedures for more details.
Contact HR Connect at Connect_HumanResources@dpsk12.org or 720-423-3900.