Online PTHV Program
**ONLINE PTHV PROGRAM**
Online Summer Visits are a great way to meet incoming students and stay connected to returning students.
Steps for a successful online visit.
1. Find another staff member that has/will have direct contact with the student (max 3 staff per visit).
2. Arrange each visit in advance
3. Visit with the family for 20-30 minutes (but there is no max time limit).
4. Take selfie/screen shot with family during video or phone call (non-negotiable).
5. Fill out Online Parent Signature -Half Sheet.
6. Send selfie/screen shot and half-sheet to school site coordinator.
7. Enter 'hopes and dreams' into Infinite Campus.
8. Enter visits into TruePay. If you are exempt (salary), enter by visit. If you are non-exempt (hourly), enter exact time for each visit.
Please note a few important changes.
1. Calendar invites are not required for online visits.
2. Staff will keep all pictures and half sheets from each visit. Site coordinators will collect all documentation at the beginning of the SY20-21.
**In-person visits are not allowed at this time due to current remote learning expectations.**
On May 4th, the Parent Teacher Home Visit Program went online! Please see the Online PTHV One-Pager for guidelines and a list of FAQ’s .
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will the online program last?
The online PTHV program will last until further notice. We will follow DPS rules on after-school activity.
When can we make online visits?
To receive payment, visits may only occur outside of your normally scheduled working hours (usually evenings and weekends) and must be scheduled in advance.
Can we do social-distanced visits?
No. DPS has currently suspended all in-person activities due to COVID-19.
Will we be paid for our online visits?
Yes, your pay will remain the same for all online visits.
Who can participate in the online PTHV program?
Any trained staff can participated in the online PTHV program. See the main page for available trainings.
Can I still participate in the online PTHV program if my certification has expired or is going to expire soon?
The recertification module has been added to the Learning Space. Please search "PTHV Recertification" under courses. Only complete if your certificate is expiring within 2 months or already expired.
Can we make phone calls instead of video calls?
Yes, as long as you have picture proof that shows that the family and other staff member was on the call (shot of phone screen).
How long should each visit last?
Each visit should last 20-30 minutes, just like a normal home visit but there is no max time limit.
How many teachers/staff can go on a visit?
At least two teacher, but up to three teachers can attend a visit.
What is a good way for site coordinators to gather information for each visit?
Graciela Guevara from North High School has created a Google as an example. Thanks for sharing Graciela! To see it, go here: Google Form Example. Please contact Jen Parker at email@example.com if you would like to schedule a training on creating Google forms.