Who we are
The Department of Planning & Analysis focuses on addressing key strategic challenges facing the district by providing decision support to the people responsible for accelerating our students’ learning: school leaders, DPS senior leadership, instructional staff, and parents. Planning & Analysis delivers descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis — spotting trends and forecasting changes — and works collaboratively with leaders to organize solutions that deliver the right resources to students based on their evolving needs.
What we offer
Data Analysis for District Leadership
- Assess operational support services to reduce cost and improve service in the areas of safety & security, transportation, food services, and facilities.
- Establish metrics and benchmarks to help departments measure and increase their effectiveness.
- Measure overall employee engagement and identify key drivers of engagement and overall impact of culture and values work.
Strategic Planning of Long-term District Needs
- Collaborate with City of Denver Planning on residential development projects to create long-term forecasts of the fastest growing urban district in the United States.
- Identify neighborhoods with program shortages and deliver prioritized recommendations to improve access to quality schools.
- Design options to be used in community engagement processes with the public to support enrollment growth.
- Identify trends in teacher turnover to drive strategic retention strategies and accurately plan for new teacher recruitment, onboarding, and development.
- Calculate new teacher and principal projections each year.
- Calculate enrollment projections for future school years to assist with school budgeting, staffing, and operations.
- Project student demographics to assist in planning supports for language acquisition and students with special learning needs.
- Design and maintenance of DPS maps services to allow families to easily and accurately identify their home school and information on other district schools.