At Denver Public Schools, Family and Community Engagement (FACE) fosters a school community that is educated, engaged and empowered to share the responsibility in creating thriving schools where Every Child Succeeds.
What we offer
We are the FACE of Denver Public Schools. Family and Community Engagement (FACE) provides access to resources, information, education and support for everyone in the DPS community at any point in their life's journey, supporting our district’s 93,000 students and their families. Our programs and services include:
- Family and Youth Services: We use innovative strategies to support students, families and schools, leveraging a multi-generational approach and partnering with community organizations to provide whole child and wrap-around services to obtain critical life skills that increase their economic self-sufficiency and the academic achievement of their students.
- Family Empowerment Team: Our team is dedicated to developing educated, engaged, and empowered parents and staff who are academic partners in student success. The three components of work the Family Empowerment team provides consist of: FACE professional development, Parent Empowerment & Leadership Training, and School-Based Family Engagement Programs.
- Family Constituency Services: We provide high quality services using culturally competent practices. We provide services to families, schools, and community members who need assistance accessing school and district resources, addressing concerns, and building skills to be strong partners in their students’ education. We have Spanish-speaking staff and have access to multilingual interpretation services.
- Community Engagement Strategy and Advocacy: Our team creates culturally relevant, transparent and authentic engagement strategies through consultation, strategic planning and advocacy across the district and in collaboration with our community leaders, partners and organizations. We help to create capacity within the district because we believe community engagement is everyone’s responsibility.
- Multicultural Outreach: As the multi-language multimedia team within the FACE department, we strive to serve immigrants, refugees and multicultural communities through outreach platforms in 6 to 10 languages including podcasts, TV, newspaper, social media and internet. We support DPS educators, students and parents with community engagement and information, and partner on district-wide initiatives. We are dedicated to building trust, equity, teamwork, and collaboration.
We’re here for families when they need us, offering support in partnership with over 525 community organizations and more than 6,000 volunteers. Together, we can all drive positive change in our homes, schools and communities so that Every Child Succeeds.
Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE)
Emily Griffith Campus
1860 Lincoln Street, 8th Floor
Denver, CO 80203
Chief of Staff
For general FACE questions:
Family and Community Helpline: