Beyond Your First Year
1. Transitioning Your license from Initial to Professional
If you hold an initial license, you can apply for a professional license after you complete the new teacher induction program and receive a certificate of completion. Professional license are obtained through the Colorado Department of Education (CDE).
- CDE application and checklist for first-time applicants (from initial to professional license)
Please be aware that the Colorado Professional Teacher License must be renewed every five years.
Information and application for CDE license renewal.
2. Complete DPS Induction Requirements
See Frequently Asked Questions page.
3. Complete ELA Qualifications
4. Considering Teacher Leadership Roles
Visit the Teacher, Leadership & Collaboration website.
5. View Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
Visit the Professional Learning Team's website.
NEW EDUCATOR WELCOME SUMMER 2023- SAVE THE DATE!
All newly hired DPS educators
August 8- Auraria PE/Events Center
August 9- Virtual TSEAL training
View the New Teacher Landing Page for all information.