Vision: All Students Thrive
Mission: Empower students’ creative, physical, cognitive, social-emotional, and cultural development to enrich the world within and beyond self.
We believe that Arts and Physical Education is an essential and enduring ingredient to the development of the whole child. Through high-quality, standards-based art and PE education, we believe that all students can thrive, empowering students’ creative, physical, cognitive, social-emotional, and cultural development to enrich the world within and beyond self.
What we Offer:
- Curriculum and Instruction: Instructional and Curriculum resources include units of study, assessments, SLOs, best practices, and Performance-based tasks.
- Teacher and School Support: Professional Learning, instructional resource guidance, and programming support for school leaders.
- Citywide District Events: Various cross-content opportunities to showcase student achievement.
- Teacher Resources: Resources enrich instruction and vary from musical instruments, equipment, and all items costume-related.
- Community Partners: Partnership with community organizations supplement unique resources and opportunities for our students.
Programming supported by our department
- Arts Programming: Music, Visual Art, Theatre, Dance and Adapted
- PE Programming: Physical Education and Adapted Physical Education
Amy Martinson, Ph.D
Manager of Arts and Physical Education
1617 South Acoma St.
Denver, CO 80223
For CSCI questions: