Arts and Physical Education is an essential and enduring ingredient to the development of the whole child. Our goal is to provide high quality, standards-based Arts and Physical Education and Comprehensive Health for every student in DPS.
Arts programming includes Music, Visual Art, Theatre, and Dance. In addition to Physical Education we support Adapted Physical Education, Comprehensive Health Education, and Physical Activity Resources.
What we offer
- Curriculum and Instruction: Instructional and Curriculum resources include units of study, assessments, SLOs, best practices, and Performance based tasks.
- Teacher and School Support: Professional Learning, instructional resource guidance, and programming support for school leaders.
- Citywide District Events: Various cross-content opportunities to showcase student achievement.
- Teacher Resources: Resources enrich instruction and vary from musical instruments, equipment and all items costume related.
- Community Partners: Partnership with community organizations supplement unique resources and opportunities for our students.