The Instructional Curriculum Specialist for the Visual Arts will provide professional learning, assessment development, and curricular guidance to support the whole child.
Through the exploration of the big ideas "Creative Process" and "Visual Literacy," students acquire the 21st century learning skills necessary for college and career readiness: collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving. Through the arts, student also acquire the soft skills of empathy, adaptability, and integrity to be successful individuals and contributing members of democratic life.
What we offer
- Curriculum and Instruction Instructional and Curriculum resources include units of study, assessments, SLOs, best practices, and Performance based tasks.
- Teacher and School Support Professional Learning, instructional resource guidance, and programming support for school leaders.
- Citywide District Events Various cross-content opportunities to showcase student achievement.
- Teacher Resources Resources enrich instruction and vary from musical instruments, equipment and all items costume related.
- Cultural Art Partners Partnerships with community organizations supplement unique resources and opportunities for our students.