Facility Management Safety Program
Denver Public Schools Facility Management Department is committed to the personal safety and well-being of all employees. Although we strive to be as efficient and productive as possible, the prevention of occupational injuries, illnesses, and unsafe working conditions while performing our work, will always take precedence. While every employee shares in this responsibility, departmental leadership will provide the tools, direction, and training necessary for this effort to be successful.
We will maintain a safety and health program throughout the organization that conforms to best practices toward a safe work environment. To be successful, such a program must emphasize injury and illness prevention on the part of both management and employees. It also requires collaboration, commitment and alignment in all safety and health matters, not only between management and employee, but also between each employee and his or her coworkers. Only through an integrated effort can a safety program in the best interest of all be established and sustained.
Goals of the safety and health program
- Provide physical safeguards from injury
- Eliminate hazards through engineering controls
- Implement a program of safety and health inspections to proactively detect and eliminate unsafe working conditions or practices, to control health hazards, and to comply with the safety and health standards for our jobs
- Train employees in safe and healthful work practices
- Communicate safety performance information
- Provide personal protective equipment (PPE) required on designated jobs and instruction for proper use and care
- Develop and enforce safety and health rules and commitment of compliance as a condition of employment
- Investigate promptly and thoroughly incidents, accidents and near–miss situations to determine the root causes and corrective actions to prevent recurrences
The core objective is a safety and health program that will reduce injuries and illnesses and provide elements of a framework of committed employees and an effective process that will ensure a culture of safety and effectiveness in every operation and in all work environments.
WORK RELATED INJURY
ALL work related injuries for Facilities Management & Facility Operations employees' MUST be reported via this form
Facility Management Post Injury Report Form
FACILITY MAINTENANCE & FACILITY OPERATIONS STANDARDS
FACILITY MAINTENANCE & FACILITY OPERATIONS SAFETY HANDBOOK