Denver Math Fellows | Academic Program Overview
The mission of the Denver Math program is to close the opportunity gap by providing small group instruction for our highest need students in order to accelerate their academic growth in preparation for college and career.
Denver Math Fellows achieves its mission through providing an opportunity for students who are below proficient in mathematics to access small group instruction daily throughout the school year. This instruction incorporates both an emphasis on identifying gaps in mathematical skills as well as a focus on grade level standards.
Our mathematics program is designed around several core beliefs about how to best reach our students and achieve our mission. These beliefs drive the decisions we make about our curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Emphasis on both skill recovery and grade level rigor
- Connection to classroom instruction, DPS scope and sequence and CCSS
- Procedural fluency combined with conceptual understanding
- Opportunities for reengagement in the moment
- An emphasis on growth mindset and the personal success factors