Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential, no-cost service available to all DPS employees and their dependents. Planning for life events, personal issues, or simply managing daily life can affect your health, family, and work. DPS wants to help through providing EAP services.
COVID-19 EAP Toolkit
Coronavirus and the COVID-19 disease have thrown all of us into uncharted waters. This is a stressful time where we are facing challenges many of us have never faced before. DPS's EAP provider has put together a COVID-19 Toolkit, designed to help you navigate your health and manage the emotional impacts of the outbreak. These resources are available to your 24 hours a day, seven days a week in a virtual environment.
Find Return to Work Guides, Navigating Work at Home, Resiliency Resources, Financial Resiliency, Relaxation Resources, and so much more.
COVID-19 EAP Toolkit
*Available in English and Spanish
Your Other Available EAP Resources
The work-life specialists at ComPsych can do the research for you, and provide qualified referrals and customized resources for child and elder care, moving, pet care, college planning, home repair, buying a car, planning an event, selling a house, and more.
Provides short-term counseling services (5 sessions) for you and/or your dependents. Call anytime about anything - marital, relationship, and family concerns; stress, anxiety, and depression; grief and loss; job pressures; substance abuse; and more.
Employees have access to five free sessions with a therapist, counselor, or medical physician to get them the help they may be seeking.
Additionally, you can look for signs of an employee needing medical or substance abuse help by being aware of:
- Underlying health problems that mimic intoxication (i.e., diabetes, epilepsy, etc.),
- Odor (i.e., tobacco, overly sweet, acetone, etc.),
- Speech (i.e., slurred, normal, etc.),
- Energy levels (i.e., wide awake, sleepy, groggy, etc.),
- Appearance (i.e., disheveled, neatly dressed, burn marks on hands or other places, etc.),
- Ability to recall events,
- Knowledge of recent injuries,
- Known substance use or exposure,
- Level of consciousness/orientation,
- Vital signs,
- Respiratory effort (i.e., rapid or slow breathing, difficulty in taking a breath, etc.),
- Pupils (i.e., dilated, etc.),
- Skin (i.e., diaphoretic, dry, flushed, cool, hot, etc.),
- Gait (i.e., walking pace, balance, etc.)
If you notice any of these signs, reach out to your manager to get support from your OneHR team. You can also contact HR Connect directly for support at 720-423-3900, option 1.
Answers to your questions on budgeting, debt management, tax issues, or other money concerns. Speak with CPAs, Certified Financial Planners and other tax experts.
Speak with attorneys about legal concerns such as divorce, custody, adoption, real estate, debt and bankruptcy, landlord/tenant issues, civil and criminal actions, and more. If you require representation, you can be referred to a qualified attorney for a free 30-minute consultation and a 25% reduction in customary legal fees.
Explore other topics and expert information online (organization ID: DPS). Gain access to on-demand training by logging in to your ComPsych account.
+ How to Access
Go online to access timely, expert information on thousands of topics, including relationships, work, school, children, wellness, legal, financial and free time. You can search for qualified child and elder care, attorneys and financial planners as well as ask questions, take self-assessments and more.
GuidanceResources is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are two ways to access your EAP benefits:
- Call 855-327-1377 (855-EAP-1DPS). You’ll speak to a counseling professional who will listen to your concerns and can guide you to the appropriate services you require.
- Visit GuidanceResources Online at www.guidanceresources.com and enter your company ID: DPS
Remember, your GuidanceResources benefits are strictly confidential. To view the ComPsych HIPAA privacy notice, please go to www.guidanceresources.com/privacy.
+ Who to Contact
Call ComPsych at 855-327-1377 (855-EAP-1DPS) or reach them online at www.guidanceresources.com
1860 Lincoln St.
Denver, CO 80203
For HR, benefits, leaves, and payroll questions: