Physical Education (P.E.) Instructional Resources
Here you'll find resources for Physical Education teachers in instructional planning and implementation.
Adapted Physical Education
- IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act)
- Adapted Physical Education (APE) Definition
- Disability Categories
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Delay
- Hearing Impairment, Including Deafness
- Intellectual Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Other Health Impaired (OHI)
- Serious Emotional Disability
- Specific Learning Disability (SLD)
- Speech or Language Impairment
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Visual Impairment, Including Blindness
Physical Education Assessment Bank
Physical Education Course Guidance
Physical Education Lesson Plan Template
Physical Education Printable resources
Physical Education Recommended Resources
- SHAPECO: mission is to provide leadership, professional development, and advocacy for health, physical education, recreation, and dance professionals in Colorado.
- SHAPE AMERICA: Society of Health and Physical Educators
- Human Kinetics: is committed to providing quality informational and educational products in the physical activity and health fields.
- DPS Cargo Net Guidelines
- DPS Climbing Rope Guidelines
- DPS Traverse Vertical Wall Guidelines
Physical Education Standards & Resources
- New Colorado Academic Standards 2020 (Quick Reference)
- Colorado Guidelines for Adapted Physical Education (.pdf)
- SHAPE America-Grade Level Outcomes (.pdf)
Physical Education Student Learning Objectives (SLOs) and Performance Based Tasks (PBTs)
Attention Teachers: Please go to the Schoolnet and log in with your DPS Outlook credentials (dpsk12.org) to get access to all professional development including registration and certification.
Please note that Schoolnet will provide registration for professional development and documentation for certification. Any curriculum materials are available on Schoology.
Attention Teachers: Please go to the Teacher Portal or schoology.dpsk12.org and log in with your DPS Google credentials (dpsk12.net) to get access to all curriculum materials.
Please note that any curriculum materials previously available on Schoolnet will no longer be supported as of the start of the 2017-2018 school year.
- Click here to access the DPS Physical Education Curriculum Group (K-12) (You will find the 2017-18 instructional resources.)
- If you are a teacher or school leader looking for access to the group, please email email@example.com for the Group Access Code.
- If you want help getting started using Schoology, check out the What to Expect Guide and the DPS Educator Schoology FAQ.