Security Technology Requests
To Request Additional Security Technology (such as cameras or card readers), please follow these steps:
- Submit the request through the DoTS help desk using this link DoTS Help Desk.
- Select "New Incident" or "New Service Request"
- In the Service drop down select "Hardware, Devices, Operating Systems, and Device Management"
- In the Summary section place a brief description of what you are requesting
- e.g. Add card reader to Door 2.
- e.g. Add two cameras to second floor.
- In the description field, please include the following:
- Who is making the request - Principal, FM, etc.
- What is being requested - camera, access card reader, and how many
- Where is the technology to be installed - Door number, near classroom number, floor, inside or outside, etc.
- Why is the request being made - vandalism, inappropriate behavior, theft, etc.
- Has the school identified it's funding source
After the request is received, a member of the Department of Safety will be in contact with the requesting party to schedule a site walk and determine if the request is approved or if other measures can be taken.