Employee Name Change
Has your legal name changed?
Employee Action Required: When your legal name changes, you are required to update your name with DPS. To update your name, visit employeespace and follow these instructions. Please note: you will be required to upload a copy of your Social Security Card, with your new/updated name.
Process: When your name has been updated in employee space, you will receive an approval email from Infor confirming your changes have been processed.
What to Expect:
- Your dpsk12.org email address and display name will be updated to reflect your new name. ***All emails will flow to and from your new email address, you will not lose any emails from your “old” email inbox.
- Your Skype address and contact information in the Outlook Address Book will be updated.
- Your username will remain the same for all DPS systems, including your DPS Google account (dpsk12.net).
- Your new name will automatically be sent to your medical and supplemental insurance providers within 30 days.
- Your name change should not affect your paycheck, but we do recommend advising your bank of your name change.
Employee Action Optional: To request that your DPS username/login is changed to reflect your new name.
Process: Create a Self-Service Incident at dotshelp.dpsk12.org, please include your preferred contact number and the time of day you are available via phone to complete the process below.
What to Expect:
- Once your incident is submitted, a DoTS technician will contact you to complete the process below.
- Verbally authorize the change.
- Receive your new username.
- Ask you to test your new login to ensure it is working properly (make sure you have a computer available).
- The username that you use to login to DPS Systems, such as Employee Space, Infinite Campus, your computer (PCs only), Google, Outlook, Kronos, etc. will be updated within 24 hours.
- Your DPS Google account will also be updated to your email@example.com.
- The username you use to log-in to several outside vendor programs, including SmartFindExpress, will not be updated.
Employee Action Required:
All DPS employees contribute to Colorado PERA. To change your name with PERA, complete and submit a PERA Member Information Form. Please note: DPS does not need to fill out the Employer section of the form.
Questions? Contact HR Connect at HR_Connect@dpsk12.org or call 720-423-3900.