Employee Wellness Programs
All DPS employees have access to a comprehensive wellness program that supports their physical, social, emotional, spiritual, and financial well-being. To learn more or to register for a workshop or webinar, please click the buttons below.
To access the 2020-2021 Employee Wellness Program one-pager, please click here.
- YOU Revolution: This 8-week health and wellness program covers nutrition, sleep, stress management, exercise, and involves one-on-one health coaching opportunities to improve an individual’s physical and mental well-being! The program is free and exclusive to DPS employees. Click here to learn more and secure your spot by February 12th!
- Move @ Work: This virtual based program encourages employees to take 5-7 minutes each day to move at work. Certified personal trainer, Saara Haapanen, created this program to focus on physical activity, stretching, and mindfulness. Learn more here!
- Walktober: On Oct. 1, DPS employees took a virtual tour of landscapes around the world – all while incorporating more physical activity into their life here in Denver! Walktober featured a motivating team competition, interactive message board, helpful resources, PRIZES, and more.
- Mile High Fitness: These virtual classes are conducted by a certified fitness instructor are a convenient and fun way to stay active in the convenience of your own home. Classes such as HIIT, Yoga, and Pilates will be offered each Wednesday throughout the school year.
- Click here to sign the waiver and register for the February Yoga classes!
- ClassPass: Fitness industry leader ClassPass makes it easier for you to work out from anywhere. With this ClassPass offer, Kaiser Permanente members can get:
- Unlimited on-demand video workouts at no cost
- Reduced rates on livestream and in-person fitness classes
- To get started, sign in at kp.org/exercise.
- Work of Art: On Nov. 16, DPS employees embarked on learning and practicing activities that elevate emotional fitness, including skills to enhance resilience and boost happiness. Tho learn more about this four-week challenge, please watch this 2-minute video.
- Power of Pregnancy workshop: Certified personal trainer, Gina Fontaine, leads the prenatal fitness workshop that teaches expecting mothers various exercises and mindfulness skills, which will help participants maintain balance in their work and personal life to create a healthier mom and baby ($30/participant).
- Finding More Margin in Your Day Webinar: Kaiser Permanente’s certified health educators facilitate a virtual 60-minute presentation where participants will learn strategies to lessen time stress, create healthier boundaries and build more self-care and downtime into their day. Participants will be invited to create a realistic action plan, using their personal strength to improve their health and well-being. To view the webinar recording, click here!
- Working with your Health Care Provider: Creating your A-Team Webinar: Kaiser Permanente's certified health educators facilitated a virtual 60-minute presentation where participants learned about different health care providers, how to find a health care team they trust and how to make the most out of their appointment. To view the webinar recording, click here.
- Well Aware: An incentive-based program that encourages employees to be up-to-date on their preventive screenings and fill out a health risk assessment. All DPS benefit-eligible employees can participate and will receive a $200 stipend upon completion.
- PERACare Medicare Informational Webinar: Whether you’re about to retire or already enrolled in Medicare, knowing more about your Medicare benefits can give you an advantage. Join our free PERACare Informational Webinar just for Denver Public Schools employees to learn more about Medicare and the retiree health care insurance options offered through PERA. We’ll also discuss how your coverage can change once you retire and what to do if you plan to keep working after 65.
- AIG Retirement Services: Provides financial planning and retirement services for DPS employees. To schedule a time for a FREE one-on-one consult with an advisor, please call (855) 230-3616 or click here!
- AIG Future FIT Financial Wellness Series: This webinar series is all about making it easy to learn about the financial topics that matter most to you whether you’re just starting your career or nearing retirement. To learn more and register, click here!
- Retirement Pathfinder
- Student Debt Solutions
- Simple Steps to Improving Your Financial Health
- Risk Management
- Retirement Strategies for Women
- PERA 101: Virtual financial sessions that gives employees a better understanding of the Colorado PERA retirement system.
- PERA Retirement Process: Are you thinking of retiring at the end of this school year? If so, the Retirement Process Webinar will be perfect for you. Everything you need to apply for retirement with confidence. This webinar is designed for people who are one to two years from retirement. You’ll learn about the forms you’ll need to complete, how and when to submit your forms, option selection, taxes, and more.
- PERA URE: Understanding Your Retirement Estimate (URE) sessions give employees who are within five years of retirement the opportunity to learn more about the retirement process and receive a personal PERA benefit estimate.
- Passage Works "A 30-minute Virtual Taste of Mindfulness:" Relieve stress, practice self-compassion, and feel connected to the DPS community during a guided practice, led by a mindfulness expert from Passage Works. Click below to register!
- Head Space: A meditation app that helps reduce stress while increasing resilience and improving sleep. DPS educators have access to the Headspace app at no cost!
- Mindful Life: A 4 part webinar series designed to reduce employees’ stress, increase their productivity, and improve their job satisfaction, work engagement, and overall well-being. Stay tuned for more information!
- The power of Mindfulness During Uncertain Times
- Maximizing Personal Growth in Difficult Times - Focusing on What YOU Can Control
- Tools to Conquer the Waves of Anxiety
- The Power of Positivity
- The Keys to Preventing Diabetes: Kaiser Permanente’s certified health educator facilitates a 60-minute workshop, where participants will learn about the five keys to preventing diabetes. To view the recording, click here!
- Healthy Celebrations: Kaiser Permanente's certified health educator facilitated a 60-minute workshop, with ideas and resources related to creating healthy menus, maintaining fitness, and addressing stress during the holidays. To view the recording, click here!