SAT, PSAT 10, and PSAT 9
The SAT Suite of Assessments is an integrated system of tests that measure reading, writing and math skills important for college and career readiness and success. Results from these assessments provide insights into academic strengths and weaknesses, indicators of student readiness for AP (Advanced Placement) coursework, and connect students with access to scholarship opportunities. SAT results can be reported for use in college and university admissions.
Information for School Leaders
School leaders should be aware of tasks that should be completed prior to April testing day:
- Confirm with SALs and SSD Coordinators that all accommodations have been requested, approved and will be provided
- Pre-administration sessions are planned for 1-2 weeks before testing in April
- Secure materials must be inventoried within 24 hours of March delivery
Resources for Staff
SAT, PSAT 10 and PSAT 9:
- PSAT and SAT Alignment to Common Core State Standards
- Resources for School Leaders, SALs and SSD Coordinators
- SAL Checklist
Resources for Students and Families
College Board has partnered with Khan Academy to provide free practice resources for students taking the PSAT 10 and the SAT. Students can link their College Board and Khan Academy accounts to get personalized practice lessons. Additionally, free college planning information is also available on the College Board’s Big Future website.
For More Information on SAT|PSAT:
To Set Up a College Board Account:
- Review this before you create a College Board account
- Instructions on how to set up a College Board account from CDE
- Complete this online form to set up your College Board account
Access FREE Practice for SAT|PSAT
- Free PSAT/NMSQT and SAT Practice
- Link accounts: College Board and Khan
- Official SAT Practice – via Khan Academy
- Instructions on how to link Khan Academy and College Board Accounts
Accessing & Understanding your SAT|PSAT Scores
- 4 Steps to Accessing SAT Suite of Assessments Results
- Understanding your SAT Score Report 2019
- Understanding your PSAT 10 Score Report 2019
- Understanding you PSAT 9 Score Report 2019
Accommodations for College Board Assessments
Steps in Preparing & Planning for College
- Research the College Board Big Future website to find the right college
- Step by step guide to support you in planning for college
- Financial resources to support families
- Learn about available grants and scholarships
Dates to Know
2020-21 Administration Dates *Dates below refer to the state administered tests; national SAT and optional (PSAT/NMSQT) tests are available on alternate dates, managed outside of DPS and CDE.
**Grade-level changes must be updated in IC NO LATER THAN one day prior to the first day of testing.
Initial Test Date: April 13, 14, or 15
Accommodations Window:Coming Soon!
Make-up Test Date: April 27-28
Initial Test Date: April 13
Accommodation Window: Coming Soon!
Make-up Test Date:April 27
AR&D Hotline: (720) 423-3736