Task Force Resources
Find resources on the African American Equity Task Force (AAETF) including background and reports, research and education, and additional diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
Current Efforts and Resources
- EDUCA Radio Show: Learn More
- African American Education Network Website
- Reach One Mentoring: Learn More
- DPS Belong Groups: Learn More
- AAETF Wisdom Team Members Bios
- ED Talks: Learn More
- Equity Boot Camp Sessions: Learn More
Background and Reports
- Read the Task Force Recommendations View online (.pdf)
- The Dr. Bailey Report (.pdf): A qualitative study commissioned to understand the positive and negative factors affecting our students and educators. The African American Equity Task Force was created in response to this study.
- Denver Plan 2020: The Denver Plan 2020 is the Denver Public Schools five-year strategic plan. With the vision of Every Child Succeeds, we are committed to five goals designed to close academic achievement gaps and prepare all students for success in college and careers. Learn More.
- AAETF Process: Learn more about the process set in place for the African American Equity Task Force during the 2016-17 school year.
In the News
- Focus on Achievement: Targeted Supports for Black Students
- Watch: DPS Launches a New African American Equity Task Force
- Inspiring Hope for Equity
- Acknowledging institutional racism, Denver Public Schools details response to black educators’ concerns
Research and Education
- Haas Institute For a Fair and Inclusive Society
- Leading Towards Equity – Targeted Universalism: John A. Powell
- “The Importance of Targeted Universalism” from the Poverty and Race Research Action Council
Become an Equity Ambassador
Are you interested in receiving updates about our progress, invites to events in support of equity and inclusion, and opportunities to provide meaningful feedback? If so, please complete the form to sign up as an Equity Ambassador. Sign up HERE