Equity Boot Camp
Equity Boot Camp provides the opportunity to build skills and deepen your ability to infuse equity, inclusion and culturally responsive practices into your work during this one-day program.
October 6, 2020 Virtual Session 12:30-3:30 PM*If you have issues registering through the system, please email email@example.com to register!*Follow these steps to register through Infor:
What is Equity Boot Camp?
Equity Boot Camp provides an opportunity to build professional and personal skills with colleagues to deepen our ability to infuse equity, inclusion and culturally responsive practices in schools and department teams throughout the district.
School-based participants receive guest-teacher support.
Who Should Attend?
All team members are encouraged to attend Equity Boot Camp sessions throughout the year.
- Recommended prerequisite: Creating Connections
Supports Your Goals and PD Credit
Participation in this program provides the tools and knowledge to help you achieve the following goals:
LIFT and LEAD Goals:
- People & Culture
- Community & Equity
- Learning Environment
Teachers: Participation in this program fills your professional learning requirement for Equity and Inclusion Leadership.
What people are saying about Equity Boot Camp
"At the start of every coaching cycle, I set time aside for teachers to unpack any implicit or explicit biases that may impact a teacher-student relationship. After listening to students to share their stories about micro-aggressions at the Equity Bootcamp in November, I started to re-think my current approach. Rather than asking teachers to name a student they are struggling with, I started to wonder if this approach could become more student-centered. I paired up with
a HRPartner, Ellen, to serve as my accountability partner. She listened to my plea for a new approach and helped me craft a new set of questions and a plan for follow-through.
I started using this new approach right way and two teachers reached out to me within the first two weeks. Both said this transformed their relationships with students they often times struggle with. One teacher shared this with her ILT team and they asked her to do this with all of her students. I am forever grateful for Ellen’s support and appreciate the relationship we have to continue this work. And, I am excited to see what impact this will have on teachers and their relationships with students moving forward!" Nik Casey, New Teacher Support Partner, Human Resources
Past Equity Boot Camp Topics
Past Topics Include:
- Relational Leadership: Learn how we can transform leadership for the modern day to build a strong culture and create more equitable outcomes for students.
- Becoming a Trauma-Informed District: What does it mean to be a Trauma-Informed District? Includes strategies and tools on how to operate from a trauma-informed lens.
- Real Talk on Race: Breaking down the black/brown divide
- Healing a Broken System: Honoring our Native American students, families and colleagues
- Bridging the Ethnic and Racial Divide: Creating inclusive community activism
- Equity Boot Camp and Phamaly: Thinking about diversity, inclusion and disability through the lens of theatre.