Compensation for Educational Service Providers (ESP)
There are several Employee Associations that make up the Educational Service Providers (ESP) group:
- Denver Association of Education Office Professionals (DAEOP)
- Association of Buildings Grounds and Warehouse (ABGW)
- Facility Managers Association (FMA)
- Communications Workers of America (CWA)
- Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU)
- Denver Federation for Paraprofessionals and Nutrition Service Employees (DFPNSE)
- Colorado Federation of School Safety Professionals (CFSSP)
- Vocational Teachers Federation (VTF)
Each Bargaining Unit in the ESP group has unique steps and/or grades for positions within their units.
Determining Your Base Pay
For most bargaining units, your pay is placed on a step and grade schedule. Work with your Bargaining Unit, supervisor, or field representative directly to understand how your base pay is calculated.
Earning Step Increases
A step increase (or vertical movement down the salary schedule) is earned annually based on district budget. It is applied at the beginning of the next school year (August 1). You do not need to request a step increase, it is processed automatically by the Compensation department.
Earning Grade Movement
A grade change (or horizontal movement across the salary schedule) is earned through promotions (role changes).
Some bargaining units have Longevity incentives based on years of service. There are also various stipend opportunities.
Please refer to your Bargaining Unit Financial Agreement for additional information.