The DPS Purchasing function is centralized to serve your procurement needs in an efficient and timely manner, provide process that brings the District the best purchase value and help ensure our purchases are in compliance with applicable laws and District policy.
The mission of the Strategic Sourcing Department shall be to maximize the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of District funds in purchases, to provide excellent customer service, and to protect the District through standardized policies and procedures.
The objectives of the strategic sourcing department are to:
- Provide for effective and efficient purchases Districtwide
- Procure goods and services at the best overall value to the District
- Establish a continuity of supply sources
- Establish key strategic partnerships which will maximize the Districts buying power-locally and nationally.
- Maintain high quality standards
- Avoid duplication of work
- Achieve harmonious, productive work relationships with other departments and suppliers
Effective since July 1, 2013, all new business conducted with DPS required Suppliers/Vendors to be registered on the DPS Supplier Portal. All Supplier/Vendor information can be found on our DPS website under the Strategic Sourcing department.
- As per Board Policy DJGA, vendors are NOT allowed to enter schools or place sales calls to schools without prior written permission from the Director of Strategic Sourcing.
- As per Board Policy DJ, schools and departments must issue an authorized form of payment before ordering goods or services. An authorized form of payment is: Purchase Order or Purchasing Card.
- Schools/Departments interested in using a particular supplier should insure that the supplier is registered in the DPS Supplier Portal. Once registered, contact the Accounts Payable Department and SupplierPortal@dpsk12.org to have a vendor number assigned which completes the process.
- The adopted textbook lists can be found on the Curriculum and Instruction web site, click on Textbook Ordering. The procedure to order Adopted and Non-Adopted Textbooks is also available on the Curriculum and Instruction web site.