General Purchasing Guidelines
The District's preferred method for acquiring goods costing less than $10,000 is our VISA Purchasing Card (PCard). For more information on receiving and using the District PCard, visit Purchasing Card (PCard).
- Sourcing Practices, Policies, and Ethics
- Insurance Requirements
- RFP/IFB Process Guidelines
- Purchasing Requirements Summary(Non-Capital)
- Purchasing Requirements Summary(Capital)
Rocky Mountain E-Purchasing System (BidNet)
Please direct all vendors to BidNet. This is where all solicitation opportunities for Denver Public Schools will be posted.
Amazon DPS's Business Account:
We are pleased to offer the District Amazon Business account to all schools and departments. This account ensures discount pricing, tax exemption, Prime Membership, and ease of use. To join, please contact PCardsupport@dpsk12.org. If you need Amazon Business support, please call 888.281.3847.
Home Depot, Walmart, or Walmart.com:
Please use the corresponding tax exempt forms so you are not charged sales tax on their purchases.
- Customer Digital Signage
- Academic Technology Menu (ATM)
- Hand Held Radios Information
- Installation of Wall & Ceiling Mounted Projectors
- iTunes App Store Procedure
- Adobe Licenses
Software Purchases: DPS Central Office Teams
Please note: The following guidelines and processes are for DPS Central Office Teams only.
As of July 1, 2021 any purchase of software made by a Central Office business unit (defined as any department or team within DPS that is not a school-based team) will be required to follow the new process outlined below:
- Business unit engages the Department of Technology Services (DoTS) via DoTS Intake Request.
- Business unit completes a Proposal Document.
- DoTS Architecture group will review the proposal document and schedule a meeting with the business unit, if needed. Once a project proposal is submitted to DoTS, the business unit can expect a decision in approximately 1-2 weeks.
- DoTS Architecture group will make one of three (3) recommendations:
- Proceed with DoTS support; business unit may proceed with purchase, and DoTS commits to providing a specific level of support defined in a Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Proceed without DoTS support; business unit may proceed with the purchase, but DoTS resources are not required for implementation, integration, or future support.
- Do not proceed; software purchase is NOT approved. Reasons may include, but are not limited to: a similar solution is already in place, exposure or potential risks to security or student data privacy, or poor technology fit with existing practices or products.
- DoTS Architecture group will share the recommendation with Strategic Sourcing. If recommendation A or B is made, Strategic Sourcing will move forward drafting a contract. At that time, the business unit may proceed normally.
NOTE: These forms are documents in the Google Drive. After you click on one, click the download button in the top right corner to create a fillable PDF.
- Colorado Tax Exemption Certificate
- Credit Limit Adjustment Request Form
- Denver City Tax Exemption Certificate
- Food Approval Form
- Food Documentation Form
- Gift Card Purchase Request Form
- International Purchase Request Form
- Miscellaneous Debit/Credit Form
- PCard Application and Agreement
- PCard Reinstatement Application
- PCard Travel Procedures
- Prohibited Transaction List
- Reimburse the District Form
- Rental Vehicle Request Form
- Street Metered Parking Log
- Unavailable Documentation Form
Expenses (PCard/Reimbursement) Guides
Requisition / Receiving Guides