The mission of Financial Services is to provide industry leading financial services to the District by optimizing valuable financial resources and providing strategic partnership that promotes flexibility while applying best practices.
Several functional disciplines listed below are incorporated within Financial Services with a goal of providing the most professional and comprehensive financial support possible and meet the District’s financial responsibilities. Additional information on each Financial Service department can be found in the tabs listed to the left.
- Finance - Management of the district-wide financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting as well as site level financial support.
- Accounting Operations/Treasury Services - Timely and accurate management of financial reporting to the District’s internal and external customers as well as intake and disbursement of funds. Maintaining the District’s financial accounting systems and processes is inherent in this function.
- Purchasing - Timely and efficient management of vendor contracts and the procurement needs of the District.
- Payroll - Management of employee payments and reimbursements through payroll as well as associated taxes and other deductions.
- Accounts Payable - Timely and accurate verification and processing of payments to vendors as well as reimbursement request verifications of employees.
- Grant Administration - Management of grant funding from application to audit.
- Risk Management - Management of property liability, insurance, and worker’s compensation coverage and claims. Assisting schools and departments in managing risk and loss prevention analysis is inherent in this function.
- Student Submissions and Data Quality - Management of timely and accurate execution for six mandatory state and federal data submissions for SST, October Count, End of Year, Safety and Discipline, Report Card March and Directory and Office of Civil Rights.
1860 Lincoln Street
Denver, CO 80203
Chief Financial Officer