Transcript Management

  • Welcome to Transcript Support!

    The Transcript Support Team provides DPS schools with pertinent information regarding policy, procedure, and federal regulation as it pertains to the maintenance of educational records for our current and former students.  Services include:

    • Transfer student transcript entry
    • Transcript entry and training for school staff
    • Guidance, advice, and clarification on transcript issues across the district

    For school staff only, to submit a transfer student transcript to our team for entry into IC, please use this Google form: Transfer Transcript Submission Form (updated July 2022). You will need to be logged in using your DPS credentials.

    Our staff is available to assist you with your questions and concerns.  We can be reached via email at

    Transcript Support DOES NOT provide copies (official or unofficial) of student’s transcripts.

    If you are a graduate of DPS you can request a transcript by visiting Questions? Call Student Records at 720.423.3552.

    For current students please contact the main office of the school where you are enrolled.

    A transcript is an official copy of a student’s academic record showing the student’s status at the time it is issued.  The official transcript includes the complete academic record of courses taken at DPS. Copies of other school’s transcripts are NOT included.


  • Frequently Asked Questions

    Foreign Students

    Q:  How do I get a foreign transcript translated into English?

    A:  Please submit your request to Translation Services

    Q:     How are foreign transcripts processed?

    A:    Beginning in the 15/16 SY, all foreign transcripts are processed by Transcript Support.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:     How do I submit transcripts for a college-bound student to the NCAA?

    A:     Please follow the instructions in the NCAA counselor’s guide .  The 2 minute tutorial on how to upload a student transcript to NCAA can be viewed here 

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:     What is the procedure when an incoming transcript contains a passing grade with no credit (i.e. the transferring course has a grade of a D or better but 0 credit was given)?

    A:     As a transcript is a legal document, DPS will mirror the original document with the passing grade and no credit. A note will be made in the Comments field.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:      How do credits translate for students coming from quarter/trimester systems who transfer to DPS mid-semester?

    A:     The student will be granted the credit shown on the transcript.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:     What is the process for mid-year grade reassignments?

    A:     Please refer to the High School Procedures Guide section labeled “Grade Level Assignment Procedure”.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:     For foreign transcripts, how many credits should be given? How do we deal with different grading scales?

    A:     Students with passing grades in all subjects will be awarded between 60 and 80 credits. Grading scales are assessed based off of Transcript Support internal resources.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:     What do we do when a course doesn’t match a DPS course?

    A:     If an appropriate match is not found with the online course catalog, refer to the Master Course Catalog. If no match can be found, contact Transcript Support for assistance.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:     How do we translate credits from Colorado’s Finest into DPS credits?

    A:     Contact Transcript Support for assistance.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:     How should classes be entered for students with summer school credits?

    A:     If a school has semesters the actual term would be 3, the start term would be 3, the end term would be 3, the terms long would be 1, and the calendar terms would be 2.  A table is listed below for common situations:


    Total Terms










     * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:     Can courses with the CTE designation be used  when evaluating a transcript from a transferring district?

    A:     It is best to use the Master Course Catalog to match the transfer courses with the core graduation requirements of the district, none of which are designated CTE.  There are generic Out of District course codes that can be used.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:     How are DPS’s current seat time requirements calculated in order for a student to earn 5 credits?

    A:     The district requires a student to spend 45-52 minutes in class for five days a week, over the course of 18 weeks.  The formula used for conversion: 45-52 min x 5 days x 18 weeks = 4,050-4,680 or 5 credits.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:     What DPS course should be used for theology/religion courses?

    A:     Course code 09939.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q: Should we use ‘+’ and ‘-’ designations in Iinfinite Campus if the transfer school used them?

    A:       The usage of such grade modifiers must be aligned with the list of scores called acceptable for IC in the High School Procedures Guide.  KEEP IN MIND that DPS does not grant a higher grade than “A” in its system (achieving a numerical grade of “4.0″ in general coursework or “5.2″ in honors coursework equating to other school districts’ “A+”).

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:        How are school districts accredited by the state or another government agency, and not by one of the nationally recognized accreditation organizations, treated by DPS?

    A:        As DPS itself has been accredited by the state of Colorado, via CDE, since 2006 through School Performance Framework (SPF), it may be more appropriate to focus on seat time for the transfer student if the school or district is accredited through a state or government agency.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:        What option should be selected under the “Transfer School Name” in Infinite Campus when entering ‘Upward Bound’ courses (i.e. Metropolitan State College of Denver)?

    A:        Please use #4024 Upward Bound.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:        How are the seat times from a transferring district converted into DPS credits?

    A:        Please refer to the Seat Time Conversion Table in the High School Procedures Guide.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:        When and how are grade changes allowed to be made in Infinite Campus?

    A:         A grade change request is sent to Transcript Support for processing. If a student is doing unit recovery or making up missing work, a final grade of I should be entered in the grade book by the teacher of record until the grade is finalized. If a student fails the course and unit recovery is not appropriate, a grade of F is entered in the grade book, and the course, if retaken, will appear as a separate entry on the transcript.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:       How are college-level credits converted to DPS credits?

    A:     If a student earns 3+ college credits, it translates into 5 high school credits. Courses earning fewer than 3 college credits will earn 2.5 high school credits.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:       If a student working for credit through the Career Connections Experience (CCE) program receives less credit than s/he was expecting, how is that circumstance entered into the transcript?

    A:       Students may receive up to 5 credits per semester for up to 4 semesters, without exceeding 20 credits.  “Completion” is dependent on the student’s performance and the business’s work schedule, and the responsibility for the credits awarded must reflect those factors.  For example, if the business fails before the student completes his assignment the GPA Weight, Earned Credit, and Attempted Credit should match so as not to penalize the student.  Refer to the High School Procedures Guide.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q:  If a student  transfers into DPS with an AP course which does not specifically indicate honors does the student get honors weighting?

    A:  Yes, if the course indicates AP status then we should give that student honors weighting and  select a course from the High School Honors grading scale.

    * * * * * * * * * *

    Q: Do students that earn Post-Secondary credit receive honors credit towards their cumulative GPA?

    A: Post-Secondary credits are counted towards GPA like an honors credit.

    PLEASE NOTE: This site is focused on the ongoing entry of transcript information.  We do not provide copies (official or unofficial) of students’ transcripts.  Please contact the main office of the school where the student is currently enrolled to learn more about the transcript request process.