• Computer

  • Grade Change Policy

    Grades may only be changed due to the following:

    • To correct an error in grading, or to rectify the entering of an incorrect grade
    • Submitting a final grade for an “I” grade (see Incomplete Grade Policy below)

    The Teacher of Record is responsible for requesting a grade change using the Grade Change Request Form. For covid-impacted terms (Spring 2020, 20-21SY, & 21-22SY), any correction of a grade must take place within 3 semesters of the end date of the course in which the grade was assigned. (Ex. Student receives an “I” for English 1 S1 on Dec 20, 2020 so the grade change must be requested by Aug 19, 2022 – 3 semesters from the last day of class.) For non-impacted terms (all terms up to Spring 2020 and starting again in Fall 2022), a grade change must be requested within 1 year from the start date of the course in which the grade was assigned. (Ex. Student receives an “I” for Biology S1 on Dec 17, 2021. The grade change must be requested by Aug 23, 2022.)

    Initial reporting of a grade does not require the grade change process. If the grade was not initially recorded, then the school must open the grade book to enter the original grade and request a re-roll from DoTS. Re-rolling grades only impacts final grading tasks that were previously blank.

    Covid impacted terms include Spring 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Fall 2021, and Spring 2022.

    Fall 2022 and going forward will be considered non-impacted.

  • Incomplete Grades Policy

    An Incomplete “I” is a temporary grade which may be given at the Teacher of Record’s discretion to a student for the purpose of unit/missed work recovery (Semester Recovery, SR).

    The following provisions for Incomplete grades apply:

    • Specific understanding/contract with completion date between student and teacher of record of what is expected to successfully pass a class
    • Before the end of the term, the student and Teacher of Record complete the following form : Application for Incomplete Grade (Please retain this form for your records)
    • The student has one term to demonstrate mastery and earn the credit before the grade turns into an “F”
    • “I”s must be updated within one year of the start date of the course in which the grade was assigned

  • Instructions for Changing Grades

    • Grade changes must be approved by the school leader
    • Expired Incomplete grades and F’s must be approved by the Instructional Superintendent
    • For Semester Recovery  Edgenuity courses, please fill out the grade change request form.

    To initiate the grade change process click on the blue link below.


    • You must be signed on to your DPS account to fill out the form. Your user ID is the same as your DPS email address, but instead of using .org you will use .net
    • Fill out all required fields
    • Use the Notes section to provide additional pertinent information
    • Upload IS approval as needed
    • Click Submit
    • Congratulations, you’re done