Leadership Investment Framework for Talent (LIFT)
With the implementation of The Denver Plan, DPS established a strong commitment to finding, growing and keeping great leaders across the organization and in each role that are committed to helping us achieve our vision, Every Child Succeeds. The Leadership Investment Framework for Talent (LIFT) is the next generation of EPMP; everyone who participates in EPMP aligns to a leadership role in LIFT. LIFT is a tool that will support employees in their own development as a leader while narrowing the scope of leadership to what is meaningful and achievable for DPS today. The program clarifies expectations and helps achieve goals through accountability by fostering ongoing performance discussions to highlight employee successes and define growth opportunities.
Employees that are exempt from overtime, centrally managed (not reporting to a School Leader) and not part of an employee association/bargaining unit are eligible for LIFT.
What is your LIFT Level of Leadership?
Click on the modules below to help you identify your LIFT level.
Year-End is Underway!
- Complete your self-appraisal. The self-appraisal is your opportunity to reflect on your achievements and document the impact of your results. The goal of your self-appraisal is to thoughtfully consider the whole of your performance over the year and to create a clear picture of your performance for your manager's consideration.
- Consider requesting feedback from your peers, colleagues and customers through the Other Rater process in Infor HR. Feedback from other raters gives you and your manager a more well rounded view of your performance.
- Complete your self-appraisal by May 14th. Leaders may adjust deadlines to support the scheduling needs of the team, so verify the deadline with your manager.
- Review the resources below to help you with the year-end process.
Resources for Leaders
- LIFT Manager Year-End Checklist
- LIFT Manager Guide 2018-19: Year-End Appraisal Process
- LIFT Manager Guide 2018-19: Add an Other Rater
- LIFT Manager Guide 2018-19: Reassign an Appraisal
- FAQ: Year-End Appraisals
- Norming Resources
Are you new to your role or to LIFT?
Information sessions are held monthly for new hires or those new to LIFT. To register for an information session, login to the Learning Space and register for an upcoming session.
New employees and those new to their role should set goals within their first 60 days. Make sure to talk to your Manager about your goals during your next one-on-one.
If you are new to your role and have a year-end appraisal to complete, reflect on your progress to date and what you want to focus on moving forward. Although you are new, the appraisal process is a great time to check-in and level set on your performance.
New LIFT Process: Comment on LIFT Behaviors throughout the Performance Year
We heard you when you asked for a way for you and your Manager to comment on and track your LIFT behaviors throughout the performance year. We’ve created a place for you to do this! You will find this placeholder in your Manage Goals section in Employee Space in Infor HR. Look for the goal titled “Comment on LIFT Behaviors Here,” open it and use the comment function to comment on and track your LIFT behaviors.
Why should you do this? It supports a culture of continuous, ongoing feedback and it will make the year-end process easier!
Check out the following user guides to help with this.