New employees and those new to their role should set goals within their first 60 days. Make sure to talk to your Manager about your goals during your next one-on-one.
Complete LIFT End-of-Year Performance Evaluations by June 30
The 2021-22 end-of-year (EOY) evaluation/reflection window for LIFT & CCE eligible team members is May 1 - June 30.
See below for EOY processes that have changed and next steps.
- All LIFT & CCE reflections will not be utilizing a rating scale for 2021-22. In other words, no ratings will be provided this year. Although ratings will not be provided, we recommend completing EOY self-reflections and manager reflections.
- Copy this form and use it as a placeholder to draft the reflection. Then submit reflection information using the appropriate link below.
- Work with your manager to establish a timeline.
- Be prepared with your DPS ID# and your manager’s email address.
- Submit your self-reflections here.
- After you submit your information, you and your manager will be emailed a copy.
- Establish a completion timeline with your direct reports.
- Review self-reflections (as received) and draft EOY reflections.
- Host the end-of-year conversation and then submit reflections for your direct reports here by June 30.
- Be prepared with your own DPS ID# and email address as well as your direct report(s).
- After you submit your information, you and your direct report will be emailed a copy.
For additional support, connect with your HR Partner or email LIFT@dpsk12.org.
Leadership Investment Framework for Talent (LIFT)
DPS has established a strong commitment to finding, growing and keeping great leaders across the organization who are committed to helping us achieve our vision that every single one of our students thrives. The Leadership Investment Framework for Talent (LIFT) is a tool that supports team members in their own development. In LIFT, all team members are leaders, even when not leading people. The framework provides a shared vision and language for leadership across DPS, clarifies expectations and helps team members achieve goals through accountability, and fosters ongoing performance discussions to highlight successes and define growth opportunities.
LIFT aligns with LEAD and was built in consideration of the diversity of roles across Central Office/School Support offices.
Leaders in Finance, Operations, Facilities, Transportation, DoTS and every other critical role that ensures our kids, schools, teachers and principals have what they need to deliver excellence every day will find what is essential to DPS leadership in this framework.
The LIFT framework consists of two main areas (goals and competencies) in which team members are evaluated on each performance year.
Goals are aligned to district and team priorities, provide a road map for the work we are engaged in and set deadlines and milestones for completion.
Each goal is rated during the end-of-year evaluation.
Competencies are the knowledge, skills and abilities, and other requirements that are needed to perform our roles successfully and how we go about our work.
The Framework includes five broad Competency Groups of leadership focus. Each competency group is rated during the end-of-year evaluation.
- Personal and Values Leadership
- Vision and Strategy Leadership
- Operational and Organizational Leadership
- People and Culture Leadership
- Community and Equity Leadership
Each Competency Group is then further defined through its corresponding Drivers (18 in total).
These Drivers ensure our shared understanding of leadership is aligned across all levels of leadership. Each driver represents a specific area in which all DPS leaders should strive to display proficiency and consistency based on their level of leadership.
LEVELS OF LIFT LEADERSHIP Differentiation Grid
Are you new to your role or to LIFT?
Information sessions are held monthly for new hires or those new to LIFT. To register for an information session, login to the Learning Space and register for an upcoming session.
If you are new to your role and have a year-end appraisal to complete, reflect on your progress to date and what you want to focus on moving forward. Although you are new, the appraisal process is a great time to check-in and level set on your performance.