Vision and Mission
- Vision: Every Learner Thrives
- Mission: Educational equity is our collective responsibility. We prepare students for career, college and life. We create conditions and partnerships where students, families and team members belong and thrive.
- Students First: We put our kids' needs at the forefront of everything we do.
- Integrity: We tell the truth, and we keep our promises.
- Equity: We celebrate our diversity and will provide the necessary resources and supports to eliminate barriers to success and foster a more equitable future for all our kids.
- Collaboration: Together as a team, we think, we work, and we create in order to reach our goals.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our individual and collective commitments; we grow from success; we learn from failure.
- Fun: We celebrate the joy in our work and foster in our students a joy and passion for learning to last their whole lives.
Why the DPS Experience
Historically, the approach to education built on the transfer of knowledge from one individual (the teacher) to another (the student) has not worked. So, we must recreate education to be a series of experiences that promote an exchange of ideas, the pursuit of passion, and a quest for justice. This is what we mean by Every Learner Thrives. This is the DPS experience.