Who we are
The Academics Division works to build coherence in teaching and learning that results in rigorous, culturally responsive instruction ensuring all students are college and career ready. Our division includes:
- Assessment, Reporting and Data Support serves as the district resource for local and state assessment and provides expertise and guidance in the collection, analysis, and communication of student and school academic results in order to inform the decisions of district leaders, schools, families and the community.
- Career and College Success works to ensure that every DPS student graduates college and career ready by providing expertise, strategic thinking and ongoing direct service to students, families, school and central level staff. Gives students early exposure to thousands of career options as they learn more about their own passions and interests.
- Culturally Sustaining Curriculum and Instruction supports educators and school leaders by providing standards-aligned curricular resources, standards-based instructional guidelines in core subjects, and professional learning opportunities that are culturally responsive, based on current best practices and content specific.
- Multilingual Education provides guidance, resources, training, and support to ensure that all schools can provide equitable, rigorous learning environments for their Multilingual Leaders (MLLs). Multilingual Education works with the schools to create programs in which all students graduate valuing cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Teacher and Leader Learning provides supports for each stage of educator and leader progression; align our talent development strategy with teaching and learning strategies to emphasize development of our values-based leaders and teachers as content experts grounded in best first instruction, culturally responsive education.