Student Learning Objectives (SLOs) for SSPs
State law requires school districts to include individual measures of student growth in SSP ratings. Since SSPs do not have individual student growth scores, they must complete two SLOs to meet SB 10-191 multiple measures requirement. DPS has selected to use SLOs as the student growth measures for SSPs because SLOs are educator-centered, respect educators as professionals, use a body of evidence, and allow for the closest connection between the instruction and learning that happens in the therapy, consultation, or evaluation of students. New senate bill SB22-070 will require changes in the composition of final effectiveness ratings (FERs). The percent attribution for Professional Practice (PP) and Student Growth (SG) will be 70/30 (previously 50/50).
SSPs should use the SLO Application Tool to complete two SLOs during the school year. Please refer to your department leadership on the selection of SLOs. Please visit the ARE Student Learning Objectives (SLO) section on the Commons for additional resources. You can also reach out to SLOHelp@dpsk12.org or (720) 423-2406.
Private School Assessment TeamBilingual Assessment Team
- Counseling Department - SLO Toolbox (support document)
- Counseling Department Elementary OTG
- Counseling Department Middle School OTG
- Counseling Department High School OTG
- GT SSP - Progress Monitoring Advanced Learning Plan (ALP) goals
- GT SSP - Building Capacity of Teachers and Admin
- GT SSP - Assessment and Identification Monitoring
- Nursing-Health Plan
- Occupational and Physical Therapy-IEP Planning and Objectives
- Occupational and Physical Therapy-Student Outcome Measure Progress
- Department of Mental Health-SEL Intervention
- Department of Mental Health-Consultation
- Department of Mental Health-Safety
- Department of Mental Health-Self-Advocacy
- Bilingual Assessment Team Liferay 2 Network Support
- Bilingual Assessment Team Liferay 1 Individual Assessment Tracking
- Speech and Language Therapy-Floater School Community
- Speech and Language Therapy-Floater Student Speech Services
- Speech and Language Therapy-Receptive Language, Expressive Language, Articulation, Pragmatic Language
- Bilingual Assessment Team SLO - Bilingual Assessment Team Book Study
- Bilingual Assessment Team - Customer Service Utilizing Bilingual Referral Portal Part One: Individual Assessment Tracking in Liferay
Student Learning Objectives (SLO) Application
The SLO application tool is used by teachers, SSPs and leaders to enter, approve, update, and finalize Student Learning Objectives. At the end of the year, finalized SLO performance data displays in Infor HR for SSP appraisals.
Please visit the ARE Student Learning Objectives (SLO) section on the Commons to access the latest user guides that cover the following key areas:
- Creating a Long-Term Goal
- Submitting a Long-Term Goal for approval
- Completing End-of-Course Command Levels
- Submitting End-of-Course Command Levels for approval
- Addressing Evaluator-Requested Revisions
SLO Application login (use Google Chrome as your browser)
SSPs and others with limited student contact time will submit SLOs by October 31 in order to allow appropriate time to collect and analyze Baseline data.
Evaluators will review SLOs, request revisions if necessary and approve long-term goals by the Friday before Thanksgiving break. Take a look at the SLO timeline for additional deadlines and information or consult with your department manager, supervisor or Team Lead.