Student Learning Objectives (SLOs) for SSPs
State law requires school districts to include individual measures of student growth. SSPs do not have student growth scores so they must complete two SLOs to meet the requirement for multiple measures from SB 10-191. At Denver Public Schools, an SSP’s evaluation consists of two SLOs (50%) and ratings for each of the five professional practice expectations (50%). Additionally, SLOs are educator-centered and respect educators as professionals, SLOs use a body of evidence, and SLOs allow for the closest connection between the instruction and learning that happens in your therapy, consultation, or evaluation of students.
SSPs should use the SLO Application Tool to complete two SLOs during the school year. Please refer to your department leadership on the selection of SLOs. Please visit the ARE Student Learning Objectives (SLO) section on the Commons for additional resources.
- Counseling-On Track to Graduate Elementary
- Counseling-On Track to Graduate Middle School
- Counseling-On Track to Graduate High School
- Counseling-On Track to Graduate Intensive and Multiple Pathways
- GT-Literacy Grade 5 Draw Evidence (Independent Study)
- GT-Literacy Grade 5 Draw Evidence
- GT-Social Emotional
- GT-Building GT Capacity for staff
- GT-Career and Technical Education High School_Career Plan
- Nursing-Health Plan
- Occupational and Physical Therapy-IEP Planning and Objectives
- Occupational and Physical Therapy-Intensive Intervention Planning
- Psychology and Social Work-Affective Needs Supports
- Psychology and Social Work-Social Emotional Learning Interventions
- Psychology and Social Work-Safety and Prevention
- Psychology and Social Work-IEP Best Practices
- SEAS Bilingual Evaluation Reports to IEPs
- Speech and Language Therapy-Floater School Community
- Speech and Language Therapy-Floater Student Speech Services
- Speech and Language Therapy-Receptive Language, Expressive Language, Articulation, Pragmatic Language
Student Learning Objectives (SLO) Application
The SLO application tool is used by teachers, SSPs and leaders to enter, approve, update, and finalize Student Learning Objectives. At the end of the year, finalized SLO performance data displays in Infor HR for SSP appraisals.
Please visit the ARE Student Learning Objectives (SLO) section on the Commons to access the latest user guides that cover the following key areas:
- Creating a Long-Term Goal
- Submitting a Long-Term Goal for approval
- Completing End-of-Course Command Levels
- Submitting End-of-Course Command Levels for approval
- Addressing Evaluator-Requested Revisions
SLO Application login (use Google Chrome as your browser)
SSPs and others with limited student contact time will submit SLOs by October 31 in order to allow appropriate time to collect and analyze Baseline data.
Evaluators will review SLOs, request revisions if necessary and approve long-term goals by the Friday before Thanksgiving break. Take a look at the SLO timeline for additional deadlines and information or consult with your department manager, supervisor or Team Lead.