Remote Learning Evaluation
Remote Learning Amid COVID 19
Beginning in March 2020, DPS enacted a comprehensive Remote Learning Plan to ensure the district continues to meet the educational needs of each and every student during the prolonged school closure in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. To assess the district’s efforts, Jonnathan Smith and Ana León (Research & Evaluation) have led the progress monitoring and evaluation activities during remote learning.
As part of the Remote Learning Evaluation (RLE) and Remote Learning Progress Monitoring (RLPM) team members from the Research & Evaluation Team, Innovation & Improvement, AR&D, DoTS, & Portfolio Management have collaborated to collect data and create the following resources to share insights from these efforts.
- Remote Learning Progress Monitoring Plan:
- Remote Learning Evaluation Plan: Evaluation Plan for Phase I and notes for Evaluation Phase II (Sponsoring Division: Academics and Equity)
Literature Scans (Sponsoring Division: Academics & Equity)
- Summary Brief: Summary of 10 Key Takeaways from Literature Scan
- Summary Deck: Detailing Literature Scan
Interview, Focus Group, and Observation Data
- Regional Meetings: School Leaders Reflections on Return to School Scenarios: Summary of key themes from School Leader Regional Meetings on remote learning scenarios (last week of May, 2020)
- Digital Coach & Regional Tech Specialist Focus Group: Draft of 2-page key findings from May 4 Digital Coach/Regional Tech Specialist Focus Group (Sponsoring Division: Academics & Equity)
- In Depth Teacher Interview Results
- Gates School Leader Interviews
- Bi-weekly Teacher Dashboard Data
- Family & Student Survey: Initial Results
- Family & Student Survey May 2020: Detailed Report
- Impact Survey Results Spring 2020
- Family Survey Qualitative Analysis
- Central Office Staff Survey
- Remote Learning Progress Monitoring Data: Attendance, Device Distribution, and Student Engagement Data
- Hack Cycle Results
Summaries of Data from Multiple Sources
- District Learning Capture: Lessons Learned: March & April 2020: Initial COVID response themes across departments COVID response.
- Remote Learning Evaluation Summary 1 -05/12/2020: First summary of data collected as part of Phase I of the Remote Learning Evaluation (Sponsoring Division: Academics and Equity).
- Remote Learning Evaluation Summary 2 (6/5/2020): Second summary of data collected as part of Phase I of the Remote Learning Evaluation (Sponsoring Division: Academics and Equity).
- Remote Learning Insights: Running summaries of Remote Learning Progress Monitoring and Teacher Touchpoint Data. (Sponsoring Division: Academics)