• What is a salary structure?

    A salary structure is a hierarchy of salary grades established within an organization. Each non-union job at DPS is assigned a salary grade that reflects the minimum to maximum pay for a job. The minimum is the starting pay rate for an employee with limited experience.  The midpoint (also called “market rate” or “target rate”) is the average being paid by similar employers for a fully competent and experienced employee.  The maximum is the point at which base salary growth is capped.  Salary grades provide pay levels that are externally competitive, internally equitable, and cost effective.  Visit your Employee Association Compensation page by selecting one of the icons above.

    The duties and responsibilities will determine which salary grade the job will fall under. At DPS we have one compensation salary structure for non-affiliated groups such as central office jobs.

    Compensation is responsible for maintaining and making updates to the structure such as job title changes, addition of new jobs or a pay grade change.

  • What is Base Pay vs Total Compensation?

    At DPS, we refer to Base Pay as your rate of pay prior to any incentives, extra duty pay, overtime, or stipends. Total Compensation refers to your base pay plus all incentives, extra duty pay, overtime, stipends, benefits, and retirement contributions throughout the year. 

    For example, a first year teacher has a base pay of $45,000. If they work in a position that is eligible for the Hard to Staff incentive, they can earn an additional $2,000 annually on top of their base pay. $45,000 (base pay) + $2,000 (incentive) + $5,065 (benefit credits) + $4,500 (PERA retirement contributions) = $56,565 Total Compensation **these dollar amounts are examples only. Actual amounts will vary.**

  • How do I submit a grade change?

    Follow the User Guide to submit your grade change request in Infor. Review carefully for an outline of the information you will need to complete your submission, including all documentation for each type of change to either increase your base pay or receive a lump sum payout.

  • Can I submit credits as I complete them or do I need to wait until I have enough for a grade change?

    It is recommended that you wait until you have enough credits to complete the grade change.

  • Can I use a PDU that I took before I was a teacher (in another Bargaining Unit) for a grade change?

    No. PDU's taken as a non-DCTA employee are not eligible when you move into DCTA.

  • When are steps and longevity applied to my salary?

    Steps and Longevity are applied at the beginning of the school year after longevity is achieved, effective August 1.

  • Why isn't principal license eligible for advanced license incentive?

    The Colorado Principal License or Principal/Administrator License does not meet the Advanced License criteria because the license does not exceed the entry level requirements called for by the district and the Colorado Department of Education for a teacher in a teaching assignment.

  • Why was my ProComp request rejected and who to contact?

    Please email hr_connect@dpsk12.org.